Survivor: Part 1/The Talon

(This is inspired by @KarinMatthews and her story "The Boy In The Ice".)

Old Talon Base Ruins- 12:50 pm

4 members of the Batfamily stepped into the rundown base. It had been 15 years since the base was put into use. The walls were covered in stops of red and ash, the floor had bits and pieces of ceiling laying on it, and any sign of their being life there was destroyed.

"I don't see why we are here. This place was destroyed after the massacre of the talons." The deep voice of Jason Todd or as of right now Red Hood boomed through the empty base

None of the four wanted to be there. The place brought a certain person to mind that they had been trying to forget about for the past 18 years.

"Father said he wanted this place scoped out one more time before we have it permanently destroyed." Damian hissed

"Calm down your highness." Came the voice of the Batman

"Let's just do the scan and get out." Tim Drake or Red Robin muttered and started scanning the area

The four split up searching every inch of the old base. Being careful of the worn rock and wood, Red Robin held his holo glove up to the walls looking for any gaps or secret rooms. Finally reaching the last room he made one final scan.

......Beep

"Farthest room back," Tim said into his com

About 30 seconds later the 3 other bats came bursting through the door. Tim pointed to the back left corner of the room. Knowing what he meant Batman threw a Batarang at the wall causing it to explode. Where the wall once stood was now a dark wooden staircase.

"Are you getting this Bruce?" Batman said into his com

"Yea," Came the gruff voice of Bruce Wayne

"Look around but be careful. We don't know what the Talons could be hiding,"

The Bat nodded and started down the staircase. The wood beneath them creaked as they walked. Once they were on flat land four flashlights flicked on screaming through the darkness of the hallway. They began walking once more until Batman stopped.

"Look out," He kicked everyone to the wall as a figure came sprinting at them.

The figure moved closer to the group aiming to kill. With a blade in hand, the figure brought it up to strike.

CLASH

A dagger hit a silver sword of an assassin. As the attack was released, Damian with quick speed brought his hand up and punched the figure square in the face sending it flying to the wall. A firm hand grasped around its neck as a flashlight was shone in its face.

"Who are you?!" Damian hissed out

"P-protector.." The figure rasped out

"Of?"

"The Talon-" He was cut off when a sword came in contact with his neck silencing him

"Damian!" Jason growled

"Shut up Todd and smash through that damn door!" He hissed at his brother

They turned to indeed see a door at the end of the hallway. The iron-infused wood had rotted making it look black. The four walked up to the door and Jason brought up his foot to the door knocking it down. They walked in with weapons up and ready to attack whoever that person was trying to guard.

"What the hell..." Tim breathed as the four looked at a chamber of ice

"Hibernation.." Bruce breathed through the com

"What's that?" Jason asked

"The only known weakness to a Talon is cold temperatures. The cold slows down the electrum in their bodies causing them to shut down. If done correctly a Talon can go into hibernation using the cold. They can stay like that for decades," Bruce said

"But why protect one and not all?" Damian asks

"I don't know," Bruce says

"Let's find out who it is then you can make assumptions," Jason said and walked up to the chamber

He walked over to a machine with a cloth thrown over it. [Real cliché] He thought and grabbed the cloth pulling it off the machine. The machine consisted of a screen monitoring the vitals of the person inside. It also had a system to shut down and open the chamber if needed. He typed a few things on the screen and hit a button located on the side.

The door of the chamber slowly opened releasing the coldness within. A body of a male came into view. The male's skin was pale almost to white. He had a thin one-piece suit on that cover his skinny body. Then they took a look at his face and froze.

"Oh my god..."

CLIFFHANGERRRRRRRR :)

Don't worry I'll post another shortly :)

If you are reading this @KarinMatthews I love you and I think you are an amazing writer. :)

K bye :)

..................

...................

:)