∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ f i f t e e n ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘

We sat down on the grass in front of a dimly lit lake, away from the crowded city. It was pretty far from my apartment, so going home might be a pain in the ass.

The stars twinkle above us as the moonlight illuminates the area, giving it a dream catching look.

Me and Mark decided to just hangout some more cause we have nothing else to do at home. We didn't have any homework or project and it was surprising to say the least. I still kept my distance, scooting away from him.

I will never break a friendship with a guy that I deserve as a bestfriend. It'll break my heart again.

"I'm glad to be part of the family." I muttered softly, loud enough for him to hear. We started a conversation. His eyes lit up, beaming with a smile.

"I don't want to have a future alone.. for selfishly being only with myself.. I'd want to spend it normally like everyone else." I looked up to the dark sky, heaving out a soft sigh.

He listened thoroughly, but he's not sparing any glances my way. I frowned slightly as I continued to talk.

"It's hard to stand up for yourself when people would judge your every movement. They would be harsh and dramatic towards you.. making you the one at fault.. even if they're the cause of the problem."

"Someone bullied you or something?" Mark softly asked, avoiding eye contact.

"I guess you could say that. Though they--" I stopped midway, not sure if I should continue. I just met Mark like a few days ago and telling him these might be too weird for the both of us.

"Go on.. I wanna listen to whatever you wanna share." He smiled. My eyes started to burn a bit as I remember each scenario I had to go through.

Flashbacks started to showcase inside my head as Areum would always act as the victim. She manipulated everyone and it ruined my life.

"They manipulated others to think that they were the victims, the right ones." I furrowed my brows as I carefully choose my words.

"It ruined a lot of people's lives. Including mine. It was horrible, yet I fought till the very end," my mouth quivered slightly. "That was a bad decision.. it lead me to becoming the bad guy."

"It sucks how being smart and beautiful can be used against others due to its advantages. I can't keep up with life cause of that." I chuckled, pulling out a piece of grass and fiddled with it.

"Though, it was also the right choice since I fought for my right and without that incident.." I paused, looking at him now.

"I will never meet you guys and I might stay as a lonely slug." I half smiled.

"Howbout you?" I hugged my knees, trying to be as comfortable when looking him at the eye. He was wearing a frown, his eyes staring off to the distance infront of him.

"Well, I had the choice to enjoy life or just be a lonesome stick too. I chose to be surrounded by the people that I like, people who are real and comes up with nice conversations. There are so many positive things to think about honestly but there was a time when," He said, slightly disturbed.

"My mom would always be there for me, though she would drink alcohol every night. I loved her so much to the point I would see past through those habit of hers and take care of her." He let out a sigh.

"At first, it was going well. We would always laugh at each other's jokes, tell each other how our day was and live while we can." His eyes shifted from his hands to the lake infront of him, holding in a breath.

"But she changed a lot cause of her husband. My own father. It was heartbreaking to see her cry and complain about how she would be abused by her own half. And in the end," his eyes were tearing up a bit, his eyes violently shaking at what he was about to say next.