∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ t w e n t y - f o u r ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘

The offer left me speechless for a moment while my eyes scan each and every database Nct has. Jisung-- that mouse! He could've told me about it.. actually no. I still had the realization that he didn't tell me cause it's an important matter for Nct and telling me might make me go nuts over it. Then again, I got dragged into this situation. It's not safe for me to have a normal life.

"I'll give you some time to think about it--" Taeyong said, but I cut him off.

"No, I'm joining." I shook my head, my lips curving into a smile. "I guess I was destined to be in these kind of things after all, I guess? All those trainings I had when I was younger payed off pretty well and it'll help me when I get used to the gang life."

"That level of confidence might lead us to Nct's biggest success then?" Taeyong smirked, propping his elbows on the desk, resting his chin on top of his hands. "I'll give you an A+ for that."

"Well, thanks.. I guess?" I said, a small smile forming on my lips before mumbling something that made him laugh, "my grades can't relate though.."

"Also, I'm holding a meeting later when the boys get home. For the mean time, go meet Yuta for a quick tattoo. It'll symbolize that you're part of the gang." He smiled after calming himself from laughing, raising his right wrist to show me a tattoo of Nct's logo. It was tattooed in black. In the dark, it seems to glow into a neon green that shocked me the most. It's actually looking pretty cool, but how the hell will I look hot with that? I'm not Taeyong--

Stop bullying yourself, Yoon Rue.

"A tattoo???"

Okay as a high school student, I never even ever thought of having a tattoo cause for me.. its scary. Like having permanent ink on your skin is pretty risky and what if it looks bad on me? I don't know, but others find it amusing, but for me it's just really.. unusual.

"Yeahhh." Taeyong nodded, taking a sip from his coffee and studied the papers he had on his desk. It seems business related.

"Alrighty then.." I scratched the back of my head. I swear to god, if this flops-- Imma fly with the birds and never come back. Taeyong puts down the papers and looked at me.

"Since you're new to this mafia thing, wanna ask something about us?"

"Well, something's bugging me and I'm curious.." I said, glancing at the database folder that's now placed on the desk. "How come Unit Dream have code names that ends with X? How about Unit 127 and U...? I think it'll be hilarious to call you TY 127 or-- or TY Track--"

"The fuck-- what made you think of that kind of code name for me? That's just funny.. and mean. Cause unit 127 would always tease me with the phrase 'booming system uh uh, TY Track, TY Track.' What made you even think of that?" Taeyong lets out a grumble, frowning. I shrugged, laughing out loud and gosh it was really worth hearing.

"Okay, okay whatever. Howbout unit Dream? Answer that.. TY Track~" I tease and began to listen at what he has to say. He rolled his eyes.

"Unit Dream is made up by minors-- especially your brother. They're too young to get exposed and they need to go to school without getting noticed by gangs around Seoul. They have their code names and masks ready whenever there's a mission to protect their identities. We older dipshits can roam the city freely cause most of us graduated and we do missions frequently. Jungwoo on the other hand.. dropped out cause he wanted to join the gang so much but for the dreamies, they still have to graduate."

"But the incident earlier in your school.. Jaemin probably did something from his current mission that kinda pissed off the target, but it's fine. We can always sort things out in the end." He added, shaking his head.