Chapter 4: Midnight • And Hatred

Nightmare looked at the other entrance. He was Dream always getting the praise and the glory. Nightmare rolled his pupils looking down as he kept walking.

"HEY YOU BRAT!" "YOU NEVER BELONGED INTO THIS CASTLE!" "I wonder why Mother Joku had to give birth to you anyway. You'd done us a favor if you were never born." "Leave it to Dream! I say he should control both moon and sun!"

Nightmare clenched his fist. He always got shamed and shunned because of his ability. He kept walking. And Dream left him all alone.

He then walked to his room. "Hey Brother are you alright?" Nightmare then turned to his Brother. Dream. "I'd be lying if I didn't." Said Nightmare. Dream's smile slowly faltered.

"I wish I could do something b-but-"

"Then do something." Dream was shocked. "Because if you don't. Then what does it matter? It will just keep happening. You know." Nightmare scowled before closing his door to his room.

"ITS NOT MY FAULT THAT YOU WERE STANDING THERE GAWKING AND NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT!" Nightmare shouted.

Hearing footsteps leaving. Nightmare then sat on his bed. No wasting time to fall as the mattress caught him.

He was just so angry with everything. But could he deal with everything? With Cross there on his side. Isn't really enough.

He couldn't defend himself. Nightmare looked up wondering and wondering. To tired to even make up words. Why was he even here?

Nightmare hated the village. He wished he could just go to Cross. He belonged there. Safe and not mistreated by anyone.

It was the first time. He had an actual person that cared about him. Unlike Dream. Dream thinks he's always innocent. But he isn't. He just stands there watching him helplessly get hurt. Nightmare gritted his teeth and clenched his fist.

Dream came in. "What do you want?" Nightmare asked. "Well the Advisors need you. Come on." Said Dream. "Tell then to suck My ass." Said Nightmare turning away.

"It's your fault because your Joku's son and you had to be the dark one okay?!" Dream snapped. Nightmare twitched as he turned to Dream ready to make a retort.

"EXCUSE ME? Who stands there watching someone get hurt? Who does nothing when someone always gets beaten up? Who just gets all the praise when someone never got up to defend themselves?!" Nightmare asked. Dream tried to stand his ground.

"YOUR problem. You blamed me because I was the only one experiencing these. You are nothing. And I mean nothing. I always defended you but you didn't back? And now I'm thinking who's messed up in the family is you." Nightmare growled.

"S-So!" Dream asked. "SO STOP BLAMING ME AND TRY TO FIX YOUR PROBLEMS!" Nightmare snapped. Dream ended up crying. "What's happening? YOU! Why did you make Dream cry!" The advisor got angry as she tried to console Dream.

"So I'm the bad guy! I'm tired of it!" Nightmare got outside and opened the window.