Chapter 23: Before the Backstory • And after it

"Error." Ink called to him as the skeleton looked him annoyed.

"What the hell do you want." The little skeleton let a growl as Ink laughed making him wonder. "W-Why are you laughing!?"

"Because your funny!" Ink stood as tears overflowed from his eyesockets from laughing to much.

"Ugh. Your so weird." Error growled as Ink kept laughing again. A smile slowly crept onto his face as he laughed with him.

"We'll be friends right?"

"Yeah why wouldn't we be?" Error looked at him raising his bone brow.

"Good... I want it to stay that way." Ink looked up as he slowly smiled.

__________

Not all happiness last forever.

Error ripped out Ink's soul. As he used his strings to crush the hopes and dreams of the artist. All emotions were gone. And that's what Ink realized now. And the hard way.

"Now you can't feel anymore."

Laughter filled his non-existent ear as Ink's pupils slowly turned to hate.

"Why?! I thought we were friends!"

"You thought? your so funny Ink." Error laughed in mockery.

"Whatever happened? I actually felt something for you! I felt like I loved you!" Ink shouted as it made Error's expression turn into shock and surprise.

"You... loved me Ink. God... that's just..." Error laughed again as he put his hand on his skull. His expression changed. Into... evil and malice surrounded him.

"Hilarious." Ink's eyesockets widen. And the worst thing was, he can't cry. And that's because Error stole his soul and broke his soul leaving him to never feel.

But deep inside Error. He felt a little pain in his soul. And he just wondered. Why?

Rage.

Ink hated him ever since then.

Error took away the opportunity to ever feel again.

All because of his selfish needs and desires.

He was never happy.

So he will never make Ink happy.

And he'll take it away.

"Ink. He did that to you?" Cross asked as Ink looked up. "And I never knew why either." Ink sighed leaving a sigh escaping his non-existent lips.

"I'm so anxious Cross. Of how the AUs will turn out."

"Wait but I have a question. If you have no feelings. Then how can you feel and love AUs?" Cross asked. Ink laughed. "It's so simple! They make me feel... home."

"Home?" Cross Said in confusion.

"Seeing them happy and having what I lost. I should feel jealous or envy them. But no. Complete opposite. I was glad they never ending up where I was." Ink answered.

"Cross." Cross looked at him again. "I won't completely agree with your choice. But you can do whatever you want. I trust you. I was wrong of myself. Forgetting who I used to be." Ink smiled.

Cross smiled as Ink walked away.

"I will meet you again Ink." Cross waved as he opened the portal. He stepped onto a grassy field as he looked at the sky. Scattered pieces of wind.

It was singing.