Chapter 15: Dreams • And Harsh Reality

His eyesockets open. Revealing to be a Nightmare Sans sitting against his side of the apple tree. His eyesockets widen as he was him again. Nightmare...

Cross couldn't move. He can't move. He didn't think that Nightmare would allow him to. Cross sighed as the breeze went through the soft grass. Feeling it breeze through his feet.

His pupils turned as he silently watched the statue of assumingly Nightmare's Brother sitting against his side of trees. Golden apples. But he was in stone.

It made him gulp as he choke something down in his throat. Things always exploded in his head. He always wanted to know his worth. And he was never paid attention by people. People never noticed him. And he hated himself. Always shunned himself as the weakest monster. His family suffered a great deal and died leaving him behind.

And there he was. Fawning over someone who probably doesn't love him. He was worth it to care about. The only one he talked to. The only one he felt close to. The only one who he felt self-worth when he was near him. He felt happiness. And he truly felt like he should've cared about him.

Something just keeps him attached to him.

It's funny how people change.

And it's scary when they do.

Nightmare wanted to cut ties with him.

But he doesn't.

Because he...

Didn't feel so sure.

At the time....

Did he no you never did love him.

But... why does it hurt.

So badly when he drifts away.

And slowly drift away...

"Hey. Nightmare."

"Go away Cross." He sighed as he let Cross move in his dream scape. Cross realized he could move as he stumbled in the grass slowly and softly blowing, Breezing into the wind.

"Nightmare. Please. We can talk about this." Cross answered.

"Why can't you get that I don't love you."

"I know you dont! But I do!" He snapped. This took Nightmare off-guard. But he still kept a straight face. "Cross your so naive. You think I cared about you all this time? I only used you because your emotions towards me only made me stronger."

That just broke a tiny bit of his soul. His eyesockets narrowed as he looked down. "And I'm only doing this to protect you. Cross." Wait...

"What do you mean Nightmare?"

...

"I can't know unless you don't tell me. We're..." Cross sighed.

"Friends right?"

...

"Used to be friends."

Cross has enough of this.

...

"TELL ME IT IN MY FACE NIGHTMARE!"

Nightmare stood up as he walked towards Cross and looked at him straight in the eyesockets.

"TELL ME THAT YOU DONT WANT TO BE WITH ME, TELL ME THAT YOU HATE ME THAT YOU WANTED ME TO DIE IN THE FIRST PLACE, and...I'll leave you alone." Cross hesitated on that word but boldly glared at him down as Nightmare began to say what he was going to say.

Cross just wanted to disappear.

"I"

Cross closed his eyesockets tightly.

Ready for the pain coming at him.

"I can't say that to you Cross."

...

Cross opened his eyesockets again. Weary on what he was going to say.

"Because whenever I look at you. Im Far away from you And your far away from me." Nightmare reached for him about to touch his shoulder but hesitated.

"And nothing can change it. Because we'll always be far away from here each other no matter how far I want to reach you."

"You know I can't."

...

Nightmare began to leave.

"NIGHTMARE WAIT I JUST FOUND YOU!"

Nightmare turned to him.

"Then stop trying to find me."

"For your sake. And mine."

Cross terribly began to sob as he then woke up from his dream.