Chapter 17: Conversation • And deniable Feelings

Cross looked at them after their question as he awkwardly cracked a smile. "Sure... honestly I'd met tons of people on my part. Very interesting people." Said Cross.

"And so you have. Anyways how's life?"

"The classic question of all time."

"Of course."

"Well life's been crap." Said Cross. "I'm on dehydration and low of Food. And I'm currently trying to rescue someone. That's close to me..." Cross mumbled.

"Cross. I ask you this one question." Cross looked at them again.

"What does this person mean to you?" Cross blushed faintly on the question.

"W-Well he means a lot to me. A lot then I could imagine."

"A lot you say?" The person was curious.

"Y-Yeah. I don't know the feeling. But my soul gets tight when I'm near him. I have butterflies in my non-existent stomach. He never really judged me like a lot of people did. He was kind. A kind person who never deserved what he gone through. I don't know what he means to me. I'm just confused. And he's my enemy." The person couldn't help but smile at the fact that it was so obvious.

Cross smiled softly.

"I just wish I could get through to him."

...

"I just wish he could realize..."

Cross looked up.

"That he's not alone."

"Cross have you realize your feelings for this someone?" The person asked. "W-Well changing the subject." Cross asked blushing at that question. "Hey don't try to change the subject now."

"I don't wanna answer this!" >_<

"Fine... Fine." The person chuckled.

"Anyways You seem to care about this person more then you could ever imagine."  Said the person as Cross nodded. "Of course I care about him! He's... I'm never giving up on him." Cross answered determinedly.

"Your very persistent you know." Cross looked at them confused. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" The person let out a laugh. "Of course it is! It shows how much you care about this person! He must have mean a lot to you! I wish there's more people like you." Said The person looked at Cross as they were smiling at him.

"You know. Since you care about this person. Have you ever wonder why?"

It hit him like a bullet.

"Well I don't know. I just think he's a friend to me." Cross looked away.

"After all... he did break my feelings." Said Cross.

Silence went between them after that.

"Cross."

Cross looked at them. "Sorry if I made it awkward." The person said awkwardly. "That's fine. But I still don't know you." Cross asked wary.

"Well its best you didn't. Anyways here's some supplies for your trip. You've seen like a nice person." They grabbed a package of food and some bottles of water as they gave it to him while standing up and leaving.

"H-Hey where are you going?"

"I'm pretty sure you can make it on your own from here." The person said confidently.

"Meet you soon." Cross looked at the package of food and water bottles confused on what just happened.

"Hey wait!"

The person disappeared within a flash.

"Huh? Random person?" Cross Said again.

___________

The person hopped of a stepping stone as they gave a laugh.

"That was fun!" They took off their hood as black hair with blue stripes shown.

"Well... that was interesting."

"Meet you again Cross."