Chapter 8: The Truth • But Lies

"Not what you think he is."

Those words rang in Cross's head. But he can't be wrong. He just can't be wrong. He gritted his teeth as he kept walking.

He glanced around. Where was he anyways... Cross kept unconsciously walking. Not realizing where he was.

"Well here I am again..." Cross groaned. He was literally done with everything. But what if Nightmare wasn't who he think he is. That's just the problem.

Cross sat up sighing. "Maybe I should sleep." Cross closed his eyesockets drifting off maybe thinking on the landscape.

________

He woke up at the same place he usually was. Maybe he's in the landscape. "NIGHTMARE!" Cross screamed. The name echoing in the landscape.

"Cross." Cross turned. And he didn't expect to see this. The skeleton was covered in goop. And tentacles looked like to be bursted out of his back. He wore a jacket.

But goo covered him all. "N-Nightmare?" Cross muttered. "What's wrong Cross? Miss me?." Cross was frozen.

"Sorry I just never expected to see you like this." Cross answered. "Do you hate me now?" Cross shook his head.

"Not really. Your Nightmare. I heard rumors you were destroying... universes is that true?" Cross asked.

"Yes." Nightmare answered looking at him dead in the eye. Cross looked down. "Crossy... it's okay. You will be safe with me. We can destroy universes together. We can be together like we always been." Cross shook his head.

"I really don't want to hurt other people Nightmare. I wanted to be with you. But I don't want this Nightmare." Cross answered.

"So you do hate me than. 'Tsk'" Nightmare scowled. "That's not true Nightmare and you know it. I don't hate anyone." Said Cross. He looked like he was going to cry. "Cross." Nightmare softly caressed his face.

"It's okay if you don't want to. But we're finally together. You don't have to kill. You know?" Nightmare answered. "You're right." Said Cross.

Nightmare opened a portal. "Come on Cross." They both went inside as the portal closed.

__________

Aaaaaaa um I don't really know. Kinda running out of ideas heheheheh-