Chapter 13: Papers • And Enemies

Yes this is my new cover for the book.
I also have another cover in mind.
But probably it will be on there in the future.

ALSO YEET HAPPY UNDERTALE ANNIVERSARY!

A/C Hummed a song as she went to Epic's lab to sort out the paperwork. Just as she began to grab the paper stacks. "Hmm?" A/C looked as a knife farted towards her hitting the wall.

She looked at the skeleton before her.

"Um.., Hello? What do you need?" A/C asked.

"The Code."

____________

"So that's the whole meme world." Cross felt fascinated. "Wow. So what's the hit or miss meme." Cross asked. "You don't wanna know child. Anyways since were done exploring the lab. Wanna take a bite or to?" Epic asked.

"I've got hot dogs."

Cross nodded feeling hungry. When was the last time he ate? Cross pushed the thought aside as Epic gave him a hot dog for him to munch on.

Cross saw a note on the counter.

"Cross. I trust you to be alone. I'm gonna go check on something. Laterz." Epic walked away leaving Cross alone.

Cross looked at the note as it had curly writing scribbled on it. Cross looked over seeing what it wrote.

Dear Epic

Sorry for the late inconvenience! The underNet wasn't working! Signal was cut out! But I saw this strange anomaly. He had tentacles and wore a hoodie. He looked goopy outside to. We spot him with other skeletons. There were monster dust outside here. I'm getting worried since the anomalies also disappeared. I even saw a glitchy bone skeleton wondering here. What do you think is the problem. I know since you are the royal scientist. You must have figured it out.

Signed XXX

Cross's eyesockets widen. That can't be... Nightmare?

A large crash filled the echos of the hallway. The alarms blared as the sounds attacked Cross's non-existent ears. "WHAT THE-" Cross shouted as he was pinned down.

"It's you." He looked up to see the glitched bone skeleton he met a while ago. "Oh! Glitchy man! What are you doing here?" Cross asked. "Destroying this universe. Along with all of its codes."

"Why would you do that?" Cross asked.

"Because I'm fixing the mistakes he made." He smirked as he summoned a bone attack but pinned down. Ink arrived with his paintbrush.

"Ink?" Cross blurted out his name.

"Cross! You have to get away from here! It's not safe. Create a portal. I will take care of him."

"You know. Inky. I'm just trying to fix the mistakes. You keep creating that the multiverse night get destroyed because of you." Error got up and striked Ink with his strings as the both of them attacked each other.

Cross scrambled running away as he ran outside of the lab. Millions of people were screaming. Not knowing what was going on.

He then bumped into one of the people he's familiar with. A/C. "A/C! I don't know what's going on. Least I found someone I was familiar with." Said Cross.

A/C nodded. "Yes this universe is about to be destroyed." She answered.

"Along with you in it!" She pinned Cross down surprising the Oreo as than he knew it wasn't A/C. "What have you done with A/C?" Cross growled summoning his knife.

"Oh A/C disappeared into a different AU leaving you behind. That's the story. You know." The Imposter's eyes Than drooped with black goop.

"How I've waited to get my hands on you-" The imposter was thrown across the ground with a gasterblaster attack.

"Cross get out of here!" Epic shouted.

"But Epic!-"

"IVE CREATED A PORTAL NOW GO!"

Cross stumbled. Badly as he didn't want to leave his friend behind.

"Pssst!"

Cross was than yanked into different AU. Cross opened his pupils to see Stars. "You okay?"

Than there was A/C.

"Yeah... I can't believe..." Cross muttered.

"Believe what?"

"Nightmare has his own crew and destroying universes. I thought he was a good guy." Cross sighed.

'And I can't stop loving him either.'