Chapter 26: Comet • And far from home

It was dusk. Cross was invited to join with the Sanses. Basically he kinda enjoyed himself. He could get a break once in a while. "Heyo! You must be Cross! I'm swap!" Swap waved as Cross waved back.

Swap and Fell and Outer talked with him. Even other Sanses he didn't recognized. Cross enjoyed their company until he spot someone that looked like nightmare. His eyesockets froze.

"Oh you mean Halluciv? That's Halluciv." Said Outer. "He's very nice." Cross's eyesockets widen as it narrowed.

"What's wrong?" Swap asked.

"Sorry he just looked like someone that I knew for a long time. Or a while or so." Cross said laughing a bit. "I need some air." Said Cross as they all said their goodbyes or 'see you soon.' as Cross walked into the balcony and just stood there looking up at the sky.

"To far from home." Cross sighed. Then he saw a shooting star. "You should make a wish." He turned and saw Halluciv. Cross hesitated but it wasn't Nightmare and he knew that.

"Ahhhh I guess." Cross said laughing as Halluciv chuckled. "Yeah! Well usually it's s comet. But it's look like a shooting star, maybe I'm wrong and that's a meteorite, but it looks like a comet. Make a wish! And don't tell me it either!" Cross felt like Halluciv read his own mind.

Cross closed his eyesocket lids as he wished for something. He opened as his eyesockets flutter.

"Oh and don't tell me it, if you do. It might not come true." Said Halluciv as Cross Said an 'ok'

"So are you doing ok?" Cross nodded.

"Decent enough. Just one friend is trying to kill people. And I'm stuck here doing nothing. My friends betrayed me and I'm alone." Cross simply answered shrugging.

"You don't feel anything about it?"

"I do. It hurts me. So much that I felt so numb to it that I'm used to it a lot." Said Cross.

"I'm actually having nightmares. And triggering from someone that tried to kill me." Cross sighed. "Cross. I think you might have minor PTSD." Halluciv assumed.

"Isn't it obvious. I dunno anymore." Said Cross. "But I don't think it's that bad."

"I don't care if I have PTSD or not. I just want to rescue my friend and I'm out of here." His tone cracked out of place between Anger and Sorrow.

Halluciv sighed. "Well I hope you achieve that goal."

Halluciv walked away leaving him to have space as he looked down with a pitiful look.

He's slowly breaking.