Chapter 2- Why You Do This?

Thanks for reading 5sos fam!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I saw him first when he walked out of the long hallway and into the normal part of the airport. He was carrying a back-pack, and wearing black skinny jeans, a long sleeved henley, and vans. His hair was perfectly swept in one direction, and he walked with a confident and quick stride. I could feel my heartbeat increase, and a feeling of appreciation for the male form washed over me. I could tell he was slightly muscled, but not to huge, which was exactly how I liked boys. I had to mentally slap myself. I knew that could never happen. He was my dad's girlfriend's son. But still, I could just look, right? Appreciate? I could moon over the adorable hot gooberness that was him. No. Raven. He isn't hot. He isn't this doll or god that you can just crush on. I chided myself. Though I could sort of convince myself, I half wished that I was wearing something more appealing than a muscle-shirt and holey shorts. I did note that we were both wearing vans. Twinning.

        As soon as she saw him, Jade's face lit up, and she ran over to him, and embraced him, her face purely, and truly excited. She hugged him, kissing his cheek and crying, happy tears coming down her face. I rolled my eyes and followed along behind her with my father.

        "Calum! You've gotten so tall!" She smiled, her face still teary. She held him at arms length, seeming to inspect him.

        She wasn't wrong. He'd grown at least five inches since I last saw him. He was even taller to me now.

        "Good to see you, Calum." My father said, offering Calum an awkward hug. He excepted the awkward hug, then turned to me. He looked at me before saying anything, and he seemed very surprised.

        "Calum." I said shortly, feeling rather awkward.

        "Raven." His voice was warm and rich, and he still had the hint of his lisp, but he now didn't have an Australian accent like the rest of us.

        "Its been awhile." And the years had been good to him.

        "Two years." He looked at me intensely, but I couldn't figure out why.

        Sensing the tension, dad broke the silence by smiling and clearing his throat. "Well. Come on, let's get your luggage, Calum, and head out."

        Nodding, we headed off to the baggage claim. I walked behind Calum, Jade, and dad, struggling to keep up with them, because they were all tall and long-legged, and my short, stubby legs couldn't keep up.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        We drove home and Jade cooked Calum's favorite food; Pancakes, for dinner. I noticed that during dinner, Calum kept looking over at me, staring intently, then shaking his head and looking away. It made me very self-conscious. I had to excuse myself to get away from the constant looks.

        I curled up on the couch, opening Paper Towns and starting on chapter one. I was so wrapped in the perfect peice of art that is Paper Towns, that I didn't notice when Calum plopped down on the other end of the couch. I probably wouldn't have noticed until he started watching TV, blasting the volume. I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't possibly with;

        "ITS A REVOLUTIONARY INVENTION. WOMEN ALL OVER THE COUNTRY HAVE BEEN THANKING IT FOR THE TRANSFORMATION IT GIVES TO LIMP, LIFELESS HAIR."

        I slammed my book shut and shot a glare at Calum. His face concentrated on the TV, but I could see the sides of his lips curl into a smirk. That little snot rocket. He was purposely trying to start a fight. Though I wanted to tell him to put a sock in it, I bit my tongue and reopened it, trying to read. I continually heard the volume increase, and it became louder and louder.

        "LEX AND LOLA'S LOVING URSELF HAIR MOUSSE AND CURL GEL."

        My toes curled in anger. Very calmly, I spoke up. "Calum. Would you please turn down that infernal racket from hell? I'm trying to read."

        Calum smiled for a moment, then his face turned serious. He turned to face me. "I'm sorry, would you stop trying to read? I'm trying to kill brain cells here."

        I rolled my eyes. "You really want to loose the 13 IQ points you posses?"

        "One point for every inch." He said simply, winking. He looked good when he winked.

        I rolled my eyes again, but I felt myself blush. He always had to bring dirty things into our arguments. It was quite obvious what he meant by 'inches'

        "Millimeters and inches are quite different." He was even using 'inches' as measurement.

        "See, you wouldn't know this useless shit if you didn't read so much. It's a waste of free time."

        "Free time is a waste of reading." I retorted.

        "You are such a little nerd." He laughed.

        "At least I'm smart."

        "At least I have friends."

        "Friends and people who want to get close to the LA life are much different."

        "You know,  I can't believe I went away for two years and you're stilling doing the same damn thing as when I left. Reading stupid books. "

        "You want another nut-shot, you noob?" I still remembered the time I gave his jewels the solid knee.

        He grimaced. "No thanks, Raven."

        "Thought not. Turn down the TV." I commanded, crossing my arms over my chest.

        "Say please." He smiled.

        I gave my best; Are you kidding? You stupid little peice of mule fodder look.

        "No, I'm not kidding."

        I  sighed and ran my tongue over my teeth. "My dearest Calum, would you do the gracious favor of turning down the television, and they taking the remote and conking yourself over the head with it?"

        "Of course." He smiled, turning down down the volume, then obligingly conking himself over the head. He mockingly collapsed backwards on the couch, and pretended to be dead. Even when he had his tongue sticking out in 'death mode', he looked hot as a tamale.

        "Now if you could just stay like that forever, that would be GREAT." I said sarcastically, and reopened my book.

        "Hey, that's pretty mean. I think you need to apologize." He just wouldn't STOP ,would he? He had always been like this. Picking fights with me wherever we were.

        "I'm sorry." I said with a roll of my eyes. Of course, I didn't mean it, I just wanted to read Paper Towns in peace.

        "You really do want to read, don't you?"

        "That would explain why I'm sitting here with an open book."

        "That is very sad. I'll have to teach you to have fun someday." His voice almost sounded genuinely remorseful, like I was missing out on some great adventure.

        "Reading is fun." I retorted, not looking up from my book.

        He sighed again, but stood, and walked away. I watched him from the corners of my eyes. He was so tall and hot... I shook my head and returned to Paper Towns. Bad Raven; I chided myself. No thinking about how sexy Calum is. He is not suitable materiel for liking. Forget it.