Chapter 3- Turbulence

Thanks for reading. Please vote and comment, it really helps me a LOT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         After Calum had been home for about two days, Jade had a bright idea when we were sitting eating dinner. Since Calum had been home, they'd kept wanting us to eat dinner together 'as a family'.

        It was pretty funny that they thought that we were a 'family'. Don't get me wrong, I really didn't mind Jade, she was nice stuff, but not my 'mother'. And Calum was... Well, he was complicated.

        "I've just had the greatest idea." Jade smiled, dropping her fork dramatically. I rolled my eyes, but decided to listen to her.

        "We all need to go to the beach. People come all over the world for Australian beaches, but we never seem to go. Its less than an hour away."

        "We also never go to the outback in a jeep and study the kangaroos." I said, referring to the stereotype.

        My father gave me the ; Stop talking Raven.Look that I knew so well. "I think that sounds like a great idea. How's Satuday?"

        "Good for me." She smiled, leaning over and kissing my father's cheek.

        I grimaced. "Not for me. I have... a lot of studying to do."

        "Its alright, you study for hours every night." Jade said, waving her hand dismissively.

        "I have a test." I growled.

        "In what? How well you can tell your parents BS."

        "I'm not telling my parent." I said, cutting into my lasanga and taking a bite.

    "Raven." This time my father's voice was sharp. He sounded agitated, like he'd recently discussed this with Jade.

        I rose my eyebrows. They were going to get mad at me for honestly saying the truth? She wasn't my mother and never would be. "You've got to be joking. Jade isn't my mother. I really do have a mother, you know."

        Avoiding eye-contact, my father spoke quietly, which I knew was a warning sign, but I ignored it. "Jade is you're mother. She's been a mother too you since you were twelve."

        I slammed my fork down and looked at him. "I'm sorry, but just because you invited your ten years younger fuck-buddy to move in with you doesn't mean she becomes my mother." I knew what I was saying was rude, but I was so fed up with the 'we're a family' shit.

        Jade gasped, but Calum just laughed in awe, gasping, the first time he'd made a sound the whole conversation. He looked in fascination. I knew he was shocked that I'd swore, but I was to angry at my father and Jade to pay him any attention. '

       " Watch your language. And apologize to your step-mother."

      "No." I couldn't believe I was resisting it, but I did. "I won't apologize for speaking the truth."

        His voice was so low and angry-sounding, I should've known to SHUT UP, but like I so often did, I had to vent. I spent so much of the time bottling things up, that when I got into fights and arguments, I just let everything loose. "I'd really recommend shutting-up right about now."

        "No. Stop telling me that I need to be quiet when I say something you don't agree with. You may be able to do it with your employees, but you can't just shut me up whenever you feel like it. I'm sick and tired to shutting up about your relationship. You took two seconds to get over mom, and you just moved to the next hottest and richest woman you saw."