Chapter 10- Playing Nurse

I woke up the next morning, my head feeling slightly foggy. My legs felt sore, and I groaned as I rolled over. I was really more tired, than anything. That, and I was scared and anxious about how I was going to be punished and lectured. However, I managed to push myself off my bed, and stand up. I looked at myself in the mirror. Wow. Wouldn't I give to be one of the girls who could run their fingers through their hair in the morning, and look fine. I slipped on sweatpants, and pulled my hair out of its bun that looked like someone had tried to brush it with a bristle-brush, but hadn't taken it out of the bun. I quickly put in a side-braid, just so it didn't look like I had a puff of frizz on my head. I rubbed my eyes, yawning. Zipping my hoodie up, to cover myself, I walked out, down the hallway, and into the kitchen.

        Drinking his coffee, my father sat on the island. He had his laptop with him, and appeared to be working on something. When I walked in, he gave a half-hearted smile. "Sit down, Raven, we really need to talk."

        I nodded, and sat just around the corner of the island. I looked over at him, nervously biting my lip, and hoping it wouldn't be too bad for me.

        "You need to understand how DANGEROUS what you did was. That is really what I'm most upset about, that you didn't practice safety in this, not even a little bit. Going out alone with four guys, when they are getting drunk, is really not a smart idea. Neither is not telling anyone where you are going. And consuming alcohol before you're eighteen is also illegal. It isn't like I except you to always sit in your room, and never go out and have a good time. I will admit, when I was a teenager, I went out and partied with my friends, and I turned out just fine today. But you really NEED to be smart about it. One of the boys came to me last night and informed me that you helped them from making stupid decisions, well, even more stupid decisions, and that you drove home, and also tried to resist going in the first place. So, I don't want to come down on you too hard, especially when it's your first offense. So I'm not going to punish you... But I am going to have you go to a seminar on safe sex and safe partying."

        I was on board with what he was saying, until he said the 'safe sex' part. "I appreciate realizing that I really didn't do anything that bad.... But a safe sex seminar? Really? I'm not having sex, dad."

        He awkwardly laughed. "I realize that. But I didn't think you were partying, and look what happened. So I want you to be on the safe side."

        I cringed. "But a seminar on having sex? I'm pretty sure that I'm all caught up on that, thanks."

        "Take it or leave it."

        "Okay. I'll go. When and where is this thing?"

        "It is a week from tomorrow. It is actually at Jade's work place. Oh, and by the way..." He reached into his bathrobe pocket and handed me my phone.

        "Thanks, dad."

        "I hope you realize that I'm not making you do this because I want it to be awkward for you. I love you, Raven."

        I nodded, and gave him a quick hug, then stood, and walked back down the hallway. I knew EXACTLY who'd talked to dad. My protector. I opened the door to his room, and saw him laying  face-down, and Luke was laying on the other side of the bed, snoring. I shook my head, and scoffed. Not in a mean way, just in a ironically funny way. I walked around the side of the bed that Calum was laying on. I plopped in a sitting position on the edge of the bed, and shook Calum gently.

        "Cal. Wake up." I whispered in his ear. I shook him again. "Calum. Wake up."

        He shifted, and I heard him groggily talk into his pillow; "To bruh hur."

        I laughed shortly. "That makes no sense, you dummy."

        He rolled very slightly over. "Way too fucking bright in here." His voice sounded very unhappy and crackly.

        I nodded, leaned over to the string that controlled the shades. I pulled it, and the room became dim.

        He groaned and hit his pillow with his fist. "What do you want, waking me up at 4:30 in the morning?"

        "It's almost noon, Calum." I still my left hand on his back, that I'd used to wake him up, but he didn't seem to care, so I just left it there.

        "Same difference. Fuck.... Wait... Did I take you out last night? Why aren't you hungover?"

        "Because unlike somebody, I'm a responsible drinker."

        "I had to make up for not having any real fun in almost a year."

        "So only partying is fun?"

        "Urgh. I don't have the energy to argue with you. What do you want?" He put his fist to his head, and cringed. His head was obviously killing him.

        "I'm here to thank you for saving my butt. Because you went and told my dad that I was actually responsible, he's not punishing me."

        "That's probably not the only reason... But you're welcome."

        I leaned down and kissed his cheek. "You really are my protector."

        "Don't get all sappy." He said, but his voice sounded sheepish, as though he liked my kiss.

        "I won't. I'm going to go make you some coffee, and get you some Advil."

        "Never mind, get as sappy as you want." His voice was immediately more grateful.

        "I'll be back soon." I patted his back, and went back into the kitchen. I made him coffee, but I also made three more, and put them each on a small plate. Along with that on the plate, I put an Advil. I loaded them all on a tray, then carried them back. Walking down the hallway, I stopped in the guestroom. Michael and Ashton were both sound asleep, but I left the coffee and Advil's on each of the bedside tables, that sat on either sides of the bed.

        I continued on towards Calum's room, and set down a cup on Luke's side. I walked over to Calum's side, and sat back down on his bed. I held the mug out towards him.

        He turned over and sat up, but he did so slowly, like every move hurt his very soul.  Taking the coffee mug from me, he began to gulp down the cup.

        "Hey. Slow down. Take this." I handed him the pill, and he obediently took it. "Good boy."

        "I'm not a dog." He muttered, and contuined to sip his coffee. "However, I do feel like someone took a powerdrill to my head."

        I laughed. "Well, you do realize how clique this is, right? I'm playing nurse to a band. Next thing you know, you'll all fall in love with me and fight over me and turn into vampires."

        "Are you referencing a fanfic written about us?"

        "Okay, I admit I'm a bit of a stalker. I gotta see what you're up to. Your fandom, of course is the most reliable way to see that."

        "Of course." He grunted, rolling his eyes.

        "Now just try to not look at your phone screen, or do anything. It might make your head hurt even more."

        "Got it, doc."

        I stood up, and walked out of the room, heading back into my room. I sat on my bed, and just had to smile. Even hungover, that boy was ADORABLE.