Chapter 8- Just an ANNOYANCE

That was all they were. Except Ashton. Other than him, they were all a stupid group of annoying little derping obnoxious brats. When I woke up for school in the morning and went to get myself cereal, it was gone, because they'd wanted a 'midnight snack'. Calum could never give me a ride to school, because he was always either asleep, or exhausted from staying up all night with them. When I got home from school, they were usually making mess of the kitchen and living room, or playing on the Xbox, or just in general being loud, so it was hard to focus on homework or reading. And every time I really did sit down to read, something like this would happen.

        The first time it happened, I was curled up on the couch. I had my favorite things with me. A cup of tea, a book, a blanket, and I had my ipod playing classical music, as a sort of background music to Pride & Prejudice, which was the book I was reading. I was just at the part where Mr. Darcy turns down dancing with Lizzie, when the door swung open, and Calum, Luke, Ashton, and Michael poured through the door laughing hysterically.

        "...And when that girl almost tore off Luke's shirt...." They laughed, doubling over. I pretended not to notice them, because I really didn't want to talk to them.

        "I'm pretty sure we got into your car about... with about a third of a second to lose." Michael laughed.

        "Getting mobbed is always fun, especially when you have zero security, and when you're in a crowded mall, where over half of the people there are girls between the ages of fourteen and twenty."

        I ignored them as they talked, really not interested in talking to them. I just wanted to ignore them, and pretend they didn't exist. I heard them stop talking, and I was grateful, thinking they might finally shut up.

        Then, suddenly, a hand shot out and snatched my book directly out of my hands. "CALUM!" I groaned. "Give it back."

        He laughed, and flipped through it. "Pride and Prejudice. Couldn't get more nerdy, Rave." 

        "Just shut and give it back." I pushed my blanket off me, and stood, walking over to take it back.

        He just winked at me, and tossed it over hand to Luke. "NO!" I yelled as it sailed through the air, knowing it would probably break something.

        Luckily, Luke caught it. He too flipped through it. "I remember hearing about this. Lizzie Bennett? Mr. Darvy?"

        I dashed over to him, and tried to grab it from him. "Give it back!"

        He didn't have as much height on me as Calum did, but he was perfectly capable of holding it above my head. I jumped for it, but he just jumped too, laughing at me.

    Luke tossed it to Michael, who laughed and underhanded it over to Calum. They were essentially playing monkey in the middle, but I was NOT okay with the money in the middle. "Just give it back to her." Ashton urged them as they continued to toss my book around.

        I continued to try to catch it, until Ashton sighed and as it sailed towards Michael, he plucked it out of the air and handed it to me. "Here." He rolled his eyes and looked around at Calum, Michael, and Luke, who'd formed a sort of triangle.

        "Real mature, guys. REAL mature." He shook his head.

        "Fun sucker." Calum laughed, and the boys ended up tramping into Calum's room, to go annoy each other.

         I rolled my eyes, and sat back down. Annoyances. Except Ashton. He was nice. He respected books more, at least.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        The next day, I was casually sitting on my stomach, not even reading, but going on Instagram on my phone. I was scrolling through my feed, when my room was invaded by four hooligans. They burst through the door and all collapsed in sitting positions. Calum sat on the foot of my bed, Luke sat on the floor with his legs crossed, and propping himself up on his elbows. Ashton remained standing, and leaned against my door frame. Mikey ended up sitting Indian style. From the innocent/trying not to laugh expressions, I could tell they wanted something. I rolled my eyes, and put my phone down.

        "What do you want?" I asked, sighing.

        "What are you doing tonight?" Calum asked with a laugh.

        "I'm reading Pride & Prejudice and probably going on walk." I stretched, yawning a bit.

        "Great, so you're free. Then you're coming out with us." Luke said.

        "What? No. No. I'm not going to party with you crazy people." I laughed, shaking my head. "Funny joke."

        "Yes, you are." Calum said simply. "If we have to tie you up and throw you in the trunk."

        "Wow, that doesn't sound stalkerish and serial rapist at all."

        "Not all." He agreed. "But you are coming with us."

        "This may surprise you, but I'm not exactly a 'party' person."

        They all fake gasped. "NO! Say it isn't so!" Luke gasped.

        "Oh shut-up." I rolled my eyes.

        "Come on..." They urged.

        "No, I'm not going. I'd just ruin your fun. Enjoy yourself, but I honestly don't want to."

        "Fine." Calum sighed, and they all trouped out. Except Ashton. He stayed in my doorway for a moment then walked in, and sat next to me.

        "You know.. You don't have to come if you don't want to, but it would really be awesome if you could."

        "Thanks... It's cool that you want me to come... Its just I'm not really a 'going in public' kind of person." I laughed, tucking a strand of my hair behind my hair.

        "I'm not really either... But it can be pretty fun. As long as you know who to party with. And though I'd never tell them... Luke, Calum, and Mikey are pretty fun to party with." Ash said so seriously, like he really would never compliment them, that I had to laugh. And I don't know if it was just that I kind of wanted to go, or if Ash just had a really impressive puppy-dog sad face, but I gave in.

        Heaving a sigh, I reluctantly stated; "Fine. I'll go."

        He cheered. "Awesome. GUYS! GOT HER TO SAY YES!"

        Luke and Mikey whooped, and ran back in. "Awesome! You're partying with us for your first time, so you're lucky!"

        Calum came in after, and looked rather shocked that I'd said yes. There was another look in his eyes that I really couldn't decipher. "You sure, what made you change your mind?"

        I shrugged and looked over at Ashton. "Ashton can be pretty persuasive."

        "Hells yeah, I can! Come on, Rave, change into something a girl would wear to a party, and LEG-O."

        Calum winced when Ash used HIS nickname for me, but I almost thought I was hallucinating, because he was smiling a half-second later.

        "Don't think Raven has anything a girl would wear to a party." Luke put in, winking at me,        

        "I don't think Raven has anything a girl would wear. Period." Calum laughed. "Come on, let's let her change, and we'll head out.

        I roled my eyes and shooed them out, and closed the door. Chuckling softly to myself, I couldn't believe it. I was going to party. And I had nothing to wear. And I would probably embarrass myself terrible. GREAT.