Chapter 21 - So This Is Love

Two days after going ice skating, I woke up. We'd forgot to close the curtains, so sunlight flooded into the room.

        Yawning, my nose twitched. I stretched, my face still buried into the pillow. Next to me, Calum stirred, equally as disgruntled. "God. Why did we leave that thing open?" His voice was crackly, until he cleared his throat mid-sentence.

        I lifted my face very slightly; "Because their was a bunch of stars out last night.. And we're stupid." The last part was a lot more accurate. We'd come home after ice skating, but we'd also stopped at a movie, then for dinner, and when we got back to the house, Mikey insisted on a Just Dance tournament, and we had to do it silently, so we wouldn't wake up the entire family. Then after all that, we'd come upstairs, I'd taken off my makeup and clothes, put on an oversized tee-shirt and shorts, Calum had taken off his shirt and pants, and we'd just headed straight to bed.

        "Go close it."         

        "No, you go close it."

        "No, you."

        Groaning, I stood and walked to the windows. Pulling them shut, I reached for my phone as I sat back down in bed. I looked at my texts. Two from dad. I opened them. Apparently, I needed to call him. I layed back down, then dialed his number and waited for it to ring.

        He answered it tiredly. "Hello?"

        "Hey, dad. It's Raven." I greeted.

        "Hey, Raven. I've been wanting to see how things are going there."

        I omitted what Calum and I had been doing, then added; "Good. Mrs. Irwin is really nice, and she makes this amazing chicken thing with ranch and hot sauce. Luke, Michael, Ashton, and Calum and I went ice skating and to the movies, and to dinner. Its been great, we've just been hanging out."

        "Sounds fun." He commented. "What movie did you all go out to?"

        "The Maze Runner." I responded.

        "How was it?"

        "It wasn't bad, it was reeaally long."

        We continued to talk for about ten minutes, until I told him I had to go. "I have to go, dad. Bye

        "Alright, see you soon. Bye."

        I hung up, and put my phone back. Calum had fallen asleep again, and I poked him with my leg. "Wake up, you little boggart."

        He shifted, and blinked his eyes open. "Rave...I'm trying to sleep."

        "Well stop trying, I ain't gonna let you." I slipped down and kissed him on the nose. Even though he had sleep in his eyes, his hair was messy, and he didn't look thrilled to be awake, I still thought he looked adorable.

        "Mah." He snorted.

        Laughing, I stood, and walked over to the dresser. I got dressed in a pair of dark-wash jeans, and a band tee. Calum still didn't stir. I walked over to the bed, and ripped off the blanket. "Get up, Cal."

     He sighed, and rolled over and stood up. I bounced up on the balls of my feet, kissing him, my hands on his bare chest. He pulled me into him,  arms around my waist. He kissed me again, and I smiled into his lips. I pulled away slightly, looking up at him.

        "Well good morning to you too." I laughed

        "Hey, what's on the schedule for today?" He asked, arms still wrapped around my waist.