Chapter 13 - A Stupid 3OH!3 Song

Hope you like (: Please comment and tell me how I can make this story better (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         Calum and I were an awkward new couple. Since our relationship was young, just a few days old, it was hard and awkward to keep it a secret. Especially how excited we both were. And, just our luck, our parents stopped working overtime every single day. So we had almost no time alone. The only time we had the 10 minute drive, when Calum drove me to school, and about twenty minutes when I came home from school, and before they came home from work.

        However, midweek, Jade and dad announced that they were going out to dinner, then to a movie, and then to the bar, so they wouldn't be home till late. They soon swept off, and as soon as I closed the door behind them, I turned to Calum. "So, what are we going to do tonight?" I smiled, leaning back against the door.         

       "Well, I could say a lot of perverted things to you right now, but I won't. For now, let's just make dinner."

        I nodded and walked over to join him in the kitchen. "Spaghetti okay?"

        "Wow, fancy. I was gonna suggest we just order pizza." He took his phone out of his pocket.

        "You trying to make me fat?" I jokingly accused.

        He rolled his eyes. "Don't be such a girl."

        "I'm totally kidding. Sounds good to me." I laughed. "But just plain cheese. And get bread sticks." I ordered.

        "Bossy, bossy."

        I stuck my tongue out and blew a raspberry at him, making him laugh as he dialed the number for the pizza place. Placing our order quickly, he hung up.

        "Let's set the table, then. Do we have coke?" I asked, walking over to the cupboard and taking out two plates.

        "I think so. If not, I probably have some of my own cans in my room."

        "Cans that are from two years ago, maybe. Who know how long ANYTHING has been living in your room."

        "Yeah, because your room is so neat, and you never leave things laying out."

        "I found a two week old donut in your room after you left for the first time." I pointed out, setting the table.

        "People change." He smiled, coming behind me and giving me a hug from behind. I sheepishly smiled, and turned my head so I was looking up at him. My heart started beating quickly. It was so stupid, but...

        We hadn't kissed yet. We really hadn't had a chance. And I had never been kissed. Not really. I don't count the third grade kisses at the monkey bars. So needless to say, it was awkward for me. Especially since he didn't know that I'd never been kissed.               

        He moved in, to kiss me, but at the last second, I shied away, pulling away. "Forgot to put out cups." I retreated, pulling out of his embrace and dancing quickly over to the cupboard, taking out cups, and putting them on the table. After I placed them on by the plates, I hopped onto the counter, and sat with my legs swinging.

        He had been watching me with an amused smirk on his face. "You okay?"

        I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." I took out my phone, and turned on Pandora, and set my phone beside me. A few songs passed, and we casually talked.

        After a little while, He approached me again. For the first time, I was taller than him, so he had to put his head up, to look into my eyes. Our eyes locked, and his hands slid onto my lower thighs.

        My heart beating out of its chest, I leaned down closer to him, suddenly, without meaning too, our lips touched. Unfortunately, we'd also bumped forehead, kind of hard.

        "OWWWW!" I whined, pulling away, my hands going to my head.

        "Damn, someone has a hard head." He teased, but I could tell he was embarrassed.

         I was mortified. "Well, nice job, Raven. You ruined your first kiss." I muttered to myself.

        Calum was silent for a moment, until he starting laughing. "Oh my god." He took my phone, and turned up the volume, and sure enough, I heard; '..Kiss went a little like this."

        Despite my embarrassment, I had to laugh. I closed my eyes and shook my eyes. "My god...." I snickered. "THE IRONY."

        "Dat irony tho." He chortled. "Who knew our kissing story would start with a stupid 3OH!3 song?"

        "I'm pretty sure its safe to say no one. But it could've been worse."

        "I really can't imagine how.."

        "One of your songs could've come on. AND you could've been saying something really sexual, and then we would've been influenced to do it, and..."

        He laughed. "I really don't see how that would've bad."

        Slapping him gently, I leaned in and kissed him. I made sure to tilt my head so that we wouldn't collide. I pressed my lips against his, then retracted slightly, opening my lips just slightly, and meeting his again, this time in a liplock. He slipped his hand to my waist, pulling me slightly towards him. My heartbeat gradually slowed down as we kissed. I gently gripped my hands on his neck. Our kiss went on and on, and I probably would've been content to just kiss him forever, until the doorbell suddenly rang.

        With a start, I pulled away. "God, that scared me." I laughed, pushing my hair back. I looked at Calum's face, and couldn't help but laugh. The lip-color that I'd been wearing had rubbed off on his mouth. I put my thumb to his mouth, and  gently rubbed it off. I then hopped off the counter and walked to the door to answer, and to get our pizzas.