Chapter 1.: Off To College

Edited - 3/13/21

Izuku's POV

I finished packing the rest of my belongings into suitcases and duffel bags before bringing them all into the living room. My mother stood by the door, smiling at me.

"I can't believe my baby's going off to college."

Tears pricked the corners of her eyes and she hugged me. I hugged her back tightly and chuckled slightly.

"Mom, the college is not that far from home. I'll also be coming to visit on school holidays."

"I know that but...it's just going to be so different without you here."

I smiled at my mother and grabbed my duffel bags, slinging the straps around my shoulders.

"We need to get going before I miss orientation."

She nodded and helped with my suitcases as we set them in the trunk of the car.

The college wasn't that far away from my house, maybe about 30 miles away. Easily I could call a cab or even have my mom come to pick me up at the dormitory.

As we drove out of the driveway I looked at the house and thought about all the memories that were held in that house, smiling and resting my chin on my hand.

As we got closer I started to feel nervous and thought about who my roommate would be. I also thought about how I was going to pay for my college tuition and such.

I remembered looking at the website and the stores that were by it, but I don't think working at a fast food place would be for me.

I made a face and I hadn't realized that my mother was looking at me.

"What's wrong Izuku?"

"Nothing, just thinking about how I'm going to earn money."

"Oh, well I'm pretty sure there are plenty of job opportunities by the college."

"Yeah, I'll have to look into that."

Soon we finally made it to the front of the college, some kids drove themselves and others had their parents. I got out of the car to grab my belongings and that's when my mother started crying again.

"Mom...I'm going to be fine please stop crying."

I hugged her once more with one arm since the other was holding my bags.

"Just don't forget to come and visit okay?"

"Alright."

That's when I started to walk off. Once I made it to the top of the stairs I turned around once more and gave her a smile before walking through the double doors.

Walking through the hallway it was huge, with lots of walking space. There were a couple of more levels to this college, dorms being on the top and classes remaining on the bottom. Some classes were even off-campus, but luckily I didn't have to go off-campus.

Making my way down the hall I accidentally bumped into someone, my bag bumping into them.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to."

I looked at the boy. He had bicolored hair, looking at his eyes they were strange, but a good kind of strange.

"It's alright."

"So...are you going to college here?"

What kind of question was that!? I'm so stupid of course he's going to college here!

"Yes, I'm taking language arts."

My eyes widened and I swear I squealed a little.

"You're taking those classes too?! Maybe we might have some classes together!"

"Yeah." He chuckled slightly and kept looking down at the floor.

"Oh! Sorry, Izuku Midoriya."

I dropped my duffel bag and held out my hand to the boy. He took my hand in his and shook it slightly.

"Shoto Todoroki, pleasure."

"I should really get going so I can unpack everything, catch you later Todoroki!"

I grabbed my bag and headed up the stairs, I remembered printing out a paper that had my schedule and such on it. I turned my backpack around so I could search for it.

Room: 373

"Floor 3 and room 73," I mumbled to myself before putting my backpack the way I had it and climbed the stairs until I reached the 3rd floor.

Of course, the dorms were separated by gender. One level was for boys and the other for girls. We were in the same building, but boys and girls had a specific time they had to be back in each other's dorms.

Making my way up the flight of stairs I finally made it to the third floor. I was a panting mess from walking up so many stairs. (I would have died omg I'm so sorry Izuku 😂)

"I better not have to do that every time." I groaned to myself and reached for my room key that had come into the mail.

I walked up to the door and reached for the key, before I could even bring it to the lock the door flung open. I jumped back and fell on my butt.

"Ah, shit! Sorry about that."

I rubbed my arm and the boy held out a hand for me. I took his hand in mine and he helped me up.

"That's okay."

He snickered and I looked up at him. The boy had blonde hair that had a black lightning bolt mark.

'Did he dye it that way?' I thought to myself, curiously.

He wore ripped jeans with a plain black shirt.

"So I'm guessing we're roommates?"

I nodded and I could see the boy get excited.

"Well the names Kaminari, Kaminari Denki." He gave me a wink and my cheeks heated up. I rubbed the back of my neck and kept my head down.

"Izuku Midoriya," I said still looking down embarrassed.

"Well, Izuku, it's nice to meet you," Kaminari said, laughing.

"I chose the bed on the left, you can have the right. I have to get going I'll see you later."

Then he left.

I grabbed my belongings and I was left to set up my side of the room.

★☆★

Thank you for reading! ❤️
If you made it this far, have a cookie! You earned it 🥳🍪
Don't forget to vote and comment! It would mean a lot 🥰