Chapter 27.: A Chat With A Former Lover

Edited - 3/13/21

Izuku's POV

When I arrived in class Shoto was already there, sitting in his spot he always has. It's strange to think back to the past, to think about the first day we even had a class together.

When my laptop broke and all the notes he let me copy from his notebook that was laid onto his desk.

Was journalism really for me?

I thought about it recently now, ever since Kacchan expressed how he felt. What else would I even do and college would have been a waste if I just dropped out, so would all the money Kacchan has sent to me to pay for my college.

My mother would have dropped me off here for nothing if I just quit.

I went to go sit at our desk that we shared, neither of us speaking a word to one another. A lot has happened throughout the last couple of days and I wouldn't blame him for not speaking to me first.

"Um...Shoto?"

I looked over to him and he was already getting his laptop ready for today's lesson.

"We need to talk, would you mind after class?"

Shoto didn't speak he just gave a hum as a response. What else was I supposed to do?

All through the lecture he was quiet and kept to himself. I would say little things to him like how was he doing and if he was doing alright, but I would get short answers like yes and no.

I sighed and took down notes in my spiral notebook. Little highlighted words covered the page, but when I opened my textbook the same note that Kacchan had written was still there. It made me smile actually, time does fly by.

When the class was over Shoto grabbed his book bag and slung it over his shoulder.

"What did you want to talk about?"

Shoto gave me a look. Like he had no emotion as he used to when he usually talked to me.

"We should go somewhere a little more private..."

I lead the way to a hall that no one went to. Climbed up the flight of stairs that I had gotten used to by now and possibly lost about 50 pounds just by climbing up and down them so much.

I leaned against the wall, not saying a word to him. This is when I needed to come clean and tell him how it was now going to be. How Kacchan wanted it to be.

"Listen, Izuku, I know that you dragged me over here, but if you're going to play with my heart like you've been doing like kissing me unexpectedly then basically running behind my back without confessing something I'm-"

"I don't like you."

I said it fast and harsh, just like a bee sting.

I could tell he was somewhat hurt, but I knew he was expecting it.

Shoto nodded

"Well, I support you in any decision you make as I have said before."

"You do...?"

Shoto put down his book bag and sighed, leaning more onto the wall.

"Izuku if I didn't care about you, do you think I would have stayed for as long as I did?"

"N-No...?"

The no came more out like a question. I didn't quite know where he was coming from. I thought he wouldn't want anything to do with me after I ditched him.

From how many times I left him in that classroom all by himself.

"Izuku I care about you deeply. Yes, when we had sex we were drunk even though I wish we weren't...but when I first helped you I grew attached to you and I felt like I never wanted to let go. That feeling is still there for you, but you don't feel the same way."

Shoto looked down and in the last part of his sentence, he mumbled under his breath.

"Shoto, I liked you too for a second of my life. But what Katsuki and I were going through was problematic and you were an escape for me."

"So...you used me?"

Shoto tilted his head in confusion. Did I use him...?

"No-well...in a way I guess?"

"Hm."

It was quiet. The tension in the air got thicker and I wanted to run away.

"I'm so-"

"No, don't be. I understand. I forgive you, but this will take me time to get past. Feeling just doesn't go away so easily you know. Just next time don't lead me on?"

"R-Right!"

Shoto grabbed his things and headed down the hall and to his room.

It wasn't a particularly long talk, but it was something that needed to be said. As long as it was done and over with I should be fine now.

I sighed and slouched against the wall, falling my back against it and sitting down.

It was like a small weight was lifted off my shoulders, but not completely. The two of us would have to move from this and become better people for one another.

Soon all the problems I have caused for myself were getting solved little by little. It'll just take time...

♡ Shoto's POV ♡

I was hurt...how could I not. It was like taking a kid's favorite toy away. I wanted to do what was best for both of us.

If you truly love someone you have to set them free, so I guess this is what I was doing?

No, I wouldn't forget all the kisses we shared, even if they meant nothing or the time we had drunken sex. Those were the things that needed to be forgotten if we were going to move forward.

Yes, I wanted to kiss him back there. I wanted to hear him say that he liked me back, but some things just don't work out as you want them to.

I desperately wanted to press him up against the wall and do dirty things to him, but he just isn't mine...and I have to respect that.

★☆★

I'm so sorry if it's too short...

I hope it was somewhat enjoyable...the loss of Tododeku will be missed 😭

Sorry for any mistakes!! :((

I'll see y'all in the next chapter. I will make that one long and filled with a lot, so be prepared. Ig you could say this was a stepping stone to get over and have the story finally move on from??

Don't forget to;

Vote and Comment
💖💕