Day 12

What would Isabelle like? Makeup is not in my area, so I have no idea what she would want. There were dozens of containers, brands, colors, and more things I didn't understand. Her birthday is tomorrow, and I have no gift ready for her. I'm screwed if I can't find anything here. She always drags me to Sephora, so I guessed that I could get something here. She taken me here many times by force, but I think I know why. There's this one employee who always silently flirts with me. By silent I mean winking, licking his lips in an oh-so-seductive manner, blowing me a kiss, and even blandly staring at me. A normal person would tell him to stop, right? I can't do that. All I do is blush and try to get away. It's so obvious that I find him attractive it must be why Isabelle brings me here so much. He's tall, has a lean body, hair spiked in every direction, and the makeup lining his bright green eyes will all be the death of me. Why is the Angel punishing me? Why must I be mesmerized by him? "Would you like some help, sir?" A short girl with dark skin and glasses asked me. Honestly, I had no idea what I was doing, so I did need help. But I didn't say that.

"Yes. I'm getting a gift for my sister and I'm not sure what to get her."

"Well, what does your sister like? Is there anything in specific that she uses a lot?" She used a lot of makeup, so I didn't really know. But she does like eye makeup.

"She uses eye makeup a lot. Do you have any recommendations?"

"Give me one second. There's someone who works here who is an expert on eye makeup. Wait here please." I shoved my hands down my pockets and stood there. I was looking at the shelves upon shelves of makeup when someone approached me. "Vivian told me you needed help with eye makeup. I'm the one to help with that." I turned to face the one person I hoped to avoid. The employee who's name I have not yet learned. I looked at his nametag pinned onto his tight black shirt. Magnus. I liked his name. You don't even know him!

"Yeah-h. I'm getting something for my sister and I'm not sure what to get her."

"The girl that you always come in with?" Of course he would recognized me. He would remember the guy who he winks at every single time I come.

"Yeah her." My eyes darted to the floor once he caught my gaze.

"I thought you two looked similar, but let me help you buy something first. She has about the same skin tone as her, right?"

"I mean, I guess. I don't know much about makeup."

"Okay. I can make a personalized pallet for her. Are there any specific colors she uses? Like nudes, bright colors, glitter..."

"She uses a bit of everything. Gold, black, navy blue, pink, and more."

"I know just the thing. I'll be back." He strode across the store to the back to do who knows what. Get the makeup ready, now that I think about it. While he was helping me, not once did he try to flirt. Maybe it was all a trick. Something he does with everyone who walks in here. I shouldn't have fallen for it. When he was helping me he was professional, not flirtatious. It was nothing. It meant nothing, and I shouldn't have thought that it meant something. He's just another employee here trying to make money. That's all there is to this story, but why did it hurt me? I've never even talked to him. For all I know he could be in a relationship. He'll never be anything to me but the guy who works at Sephora, and it should stay that way. That little voice in the back of my mind was right. Don't think anything if it. Soon enough he strode back to me carrying a small black container in his hand. "Here. I think this would fit to your sisters liking." He opened the container to show several different shades and colors of eyeshadow. All of them looked like something Isabelle would wear without covering her face when she goes out in public, so she should like it. And I'm sure that she doesn't own these already.

"It's perfect for her. Thank you."

"I'll throw in a bottle of gold eyeliner and a bottle of black eyeliner for free. Consider it a present from the Sephora employee, but she doesn't have to know if you don't want to."

"It's okay. They don't have to be free. I'll pay for-" He cut me off.

"It's alright. It's the least I could do after harassing you every time I see you. It doesn't bother you, does it? The least I wanted to do was make you uncomfortable."

"No it doesn't bother me. I just blush at everything, it's because I'm so pale."

"It looks cute on you, and if it doesn't bother you, then there nothing stopping me from flirting with you." It means nothing.

"Umm. Okay then?"

"Great. Come, I'll go check you out. The items, I mean. I've been checking you out for a while now." My head dipped down to look at the floor. I paid for the makeup and he handed me the receipt.

"I'm forced to say this to everyone, so you don't have to listen if you don't want to. Enter this code onto our website blah blah blah, win some gift card or something. It's unimportant. Here I put my number if you wanted to return anything if your sister doesn't like it, or if you just want to go out for dinner or just hang out. I'd be honored if you called me." A blush spread across my face. I don't know how much obvious he could be, and how oblivious I could be. But, I still eyed his receipt questionably. "You're the first customer I've given my real number to. Take it as a compliment."

"That's not something you tell everyone, is it?" His laugh was a melodic sound.

"It's not. Call me." He winked at me and I just nodded. I quickly grabbed the bag and left.

Once in my car, I looked at the number. It's was more mind that body, but soon enough I dialed his number. He questioned, "Hello?"

"When's your next break?"

"Not soon enough." I could practically hear him smile.

Original title: Goddamit Magnus and your flirting