Day 17

This is a high school AU/AH.

  "That's him," I pointed the boy out to Ragnor. Ragnor wanted the know who the boy that I had taken a liking to was.

  What first attracted me to him was his black hair and blue eyes, but I later found out that he was adorable. He has a black lip ring, he blushes all the time, the red staining his pale cheeks, he stutters when he's nervous, and he acts like he doesn't try. I'm not sure why I find that last one cute. Maybe because it's just him.

  "Not bad, I guess, but have you even talked to him?" Ragnor always spoke in the same monotone voice.

  "Well, Ragnor, about that." I trailed off. It might be true that I have not talked to him, but he's cute.

  "Well why haven't you?"

  "He hardly ever speaks, unless it's in class. He stutters."

  "He's alone right now. Go talk to him," Ragnor ushered. "That way this won't be stalking anymore." He was right. It's about time I get to know him instead of just admiring him from afar. I got up and brushed off my jacket, and slauntered over to him. Ragnor muttered something under something under his breath about me being a fool, but I ignored it. I always walked with purpose, the exact opposite of Alec. He always tries to hide.

  I sat across from him. "Hello," I said. He simply rolled his eyes and ignored me. Rude, but I'll let it pass. "You mind if I sit here?"

  "Go back to your prep friends." He looked bitter. This isn't what I was expecting.

  "You were sitting here alone, I thought I'd join you."

  "I was fine before you came, now leave. I'm waiting on someone if that makes you feel any better."

  "Actually I'm not here to sympathize with you. I'm actually here to talk to you. I know I have you in science, and I thought I'd get to know you."

  "Yeah I see you in there. Frankly, I don't care for you, so can you leave already? I'm trying to eat." Seconds later someone came up to Alec. Isabelle, I believe her name is. I've heard about her. "Iz, you mind if we sit somewhere else today?" She nodded and he got up. Leaving me alone now. What was with that? Is he always that bitter? All questions I didn't know the answer to, but I was determined to get. There's a reason he's like this, and I'm going to find out. I got up and held my head high as I walked back to Ragnor. He was laughing. "Turned down by the boy with the lowest standards in the school."

  "Don't say that." Ragnor can be an ass sometimes.

  "He wears the same black hoddie everyday. His standards can't be that high."

  "Shut up. I'll figure out why while I find out why he was so rude."

~o~

  The next few days I have been absolutely bombarding Alec. Trying to talk to him, and passing by him in the halls. But he seems very closed off. He's always alone, and if he's not alone he's with his sister. She's very protective of him, so it's hard to get to him when she's around. He ignored me at all costs until he couldn't anymore.

  When I got to fifth period, I was glad I get to see Alec. He was usually the first in the class, and sat at the last table. He rested his elbows on the table, pale fingers splayed across his cheeks. He seemed very bored. "Hello, Alec. How's it's going?"

  "Shut up, Magnus." Maybe I should stop trying. It'd be a good idea. It's very clear he isn't interested. I sighed and made it over to my seat.

  When class started everyone was talking with someone. Our teacher, Miss Lopez, sat in her seat. "Everybody, be quiet," she said. "We'll be working on a project for the next week. You may work with a partner." Everyone was happy about that. "But I've already assigned partners." Everyone's grins faded. "When I call your name go sit with your assigned partner. Maisie you're working with Jenna. Nate is working with Matthew. Marco you work with Ivan." She kept listing names until mine came up. "Magnus you're working with Alec." I grinned. Alec sighed and brought his things to my table. "That's everybody. You will be working on an egg drop box. I'm also expecting an essay on why or why not your egg cracked. The rules are on your table. It's due Tuesday of next week. Good luck."

  "Let's get this straight. I'm just doing this because I can't afford a bad grade in the class. If I had a choice I'd work with someone else, but I don't have that option. After this, I'm going back to ignoring you. Deal?" Might as well agree. It's time to give up. If he's not okay with it, I'll stop.

  "Alright. Do you want to work afterschool at my house? We can't finish this is class alone."

  "Yeah sure. Give me your address and I'll be there at five." He bit and pulled at his black lip ring Oh my. I wrote in down on a piece of paper and handed it to him. Alec will be coming over. This'll be interesting.

~o~

  "Welcome to Casa de Bane," I announced as I let Alec in. "Kitchen is to the right and my room is upstairs. My Dad won't be home until night, so take whatever food you want."

  He looked around, taking it all in. "Nice home." He followed me upstairs to my room. When I got in I fell onto my bed.

  "Take a seat with me on the bed or take that chair over there." He took the chair, obviously. He looked around my room. The bright walls must be blinding him.

  "You like Panic At the Disco?" He pointed to the poster. It's an old one from a concert I went to years ago when Ryan Ross was still part of the band.

  "Yes I do. They're one of my favorites." He smiled. I've never seen him without a scowl on his face, and it was a nice change.

  "I like them too," he answered with his smile. It was so cute.

   After that we didn't get much work done. First we started to talk about what music we liked, now we're having a full on conversation about our cats. How one thing in common can change everything. "My cat is somewhere around here. He always runs off," I said.

  "That's the exact opposite of ours." Instead of a permanent scowl on his face he has a permanent smile. "Can I go get some water?"

  "Yeah. Come with me, I'll show you." Alec is actually pretty nice when you get to know him. Maybe he finally let me in.

  Once in the kitchen I handed him a bottle of water. When he reached for it, he tripped. I gripped his forearms to keep him from falling. "Be careful, sweetie." He blushed.

  "I don't know. I tripped over something." A soft mewl came from behind the counter. "I'm guessing that something was your cat.

  Alec left my arms and went to go see my cat. He scooped up the little thing. Alec Lightwood doesn't seem like the person who would snuggle with cats. A guy with a huge black shirt and torn up jeans cuddling a cat. Adorable. "He likes you."

  "Is that a good thing?"

  "I wouldn't be friends with someone my cat doesn't like." He cocked his head up.

Original title: Ha Magnus shy alec and mag wont leave him alone.
This will be continued tomorrow.