Day 14

This is part 1, and happy birthday to my main Jenna!

Chemistry was my first class of the day. It was the same chemical formulas. The same tables. And the same teacher. Nothing ever happens here. Luckily, this is my senior year and after this I'm gone. Off to college somewhere far away, hopefully. My siblings are the only reason why I haven't left yet, and even they aren't enough to keep me here after high school. Maybe Iceland would be a good choice...

Don't get me wrong though, Mr. Garroway is a good teacher. He gets the point across and teaches it to us instead of just telling to us to read the chapter. The thing is that he's not very engaging when teaching. Sure we'll pass the test, but the information won't stick. It never does, honestly.

Right before class starts I walk with my sister. We have first period together, so we usually walk together. "Did you do the homework?" Isabelle asked. She does her homework most of the time, but sometimes she doesn't.

"I actually did, and no. I'm not going to let you copy off of it."

"Mr. Garroway wouldn't even notice! We sit at the same table."

"Either way, I'm not letting you. You should've done it last night instead of going out." Isabelle skipping her homework to go to parties isn't unusual. It just bothers me that she won't get it done.

"In my defense, the host of the party was hot. They're always taken though," she sighed.

"Shut up and let's get to class." We walked into Mr. Garroway's classroom. It was always cold in here and smelled of sterilizer. Reminded me of a hospital, but with students.

Isabelle took out seats at the same table towards the left of the room. Looked at the same stained white board. Wrote in the same journals. I huffed. This was going to be a long day.

When the bell rung, Mr. Garroway came into the classroom with someone else trailing behind him. I didn't get a clear look of his face, but he couldn't of been over nineteen. The came to the front of the classroom. "Hello class. Today we have someone joining us. This.is Mr. Bane and he's from the local college. He's going to be my teaching assistant so that he can know what it's going to be like when he graduates. Mr. Bane, would you like to say anything?" By the Angel. He was attractive. His clothing should look professional, but with all the clashing colors he could barely pass as professional. He had tan skin and beautiful-did I just say beautiful?- green eyes. They seemed to catch the light, almost. Isabelle must've noticed me staring, so she elbowed me in the rib with a grin.

"Hello everyone. I am Mr. Bane." He had a slight accent. It would explain the Asian eyes. "I'm currently studying to be a teacher, so I've come here to get some training. Any questions? I'm magnificent by the way. I think you will enjoy having me as you TA." Yes I will. No one was going to ask a question, until Isabelle raised her hand. I internally groaned. "Yes miss-?"

"Isabelle. How old are you?" Isabelle. Don't do this to me now. He could be straight, and you'll just embarrass yourself.

"I am twenty. Moving on if there's no more questions." He's only two years older, not bad. Shut up, Alec. Now I'm even talking in third person. This can't get any better.

The class had been hell, and it was only halfway over. Isabelle had kept pretending to need help when she perfectly knew what she was doing. She just tried to get his attention for me. She thinks I have a thing for him. He barely came into this class today. I do not have a thing for him, or his really nice eyes. Shut up. I did not have a thing for him. The bell could not ring soon enough. Luckily, it did.

"Isabelle!" I yelled up the stairs. "We're going to be late!"

"Coming!" She ran down the stairs with her shoes in her hand. She always takes long to get ready. We quickly got in my car and drove off. Ten minutes into the ride she says something that makes me want to smack her. "You remember how Mr. Bane was asking for volunteers to stay after school and help? Well, I signed you up."

"Isabelle!" I gripped the steering wheel. "Why would you do that!"

"To see if you two would be compatible! He's hot, and you stare at him constantly! And he's only two years older."

"Isabelle." My teeth clenched. "I'm not looking for a relationship." She's always trying to hook me up even sense I came out. I don't need her help. If I wanted relationship, I would find someone. I'm pretty decent looking if you like baggy sweaters and low self-esteem.

"Maybe you'll find love."

"Mr. Garroway will be there probably."

"No, he won't. It's just going to be Bane. Mr. Garroway is getting married, so he doesn't have time."

"Great. Just great. I'll go, but just because I don't want to seem like a douche for not going, even if I didn't sign up technically."

The school day was over in a flash to my dismay. I really didn't want to go help grade papers and see Mr. Bane. I'm probably going to embarrass myself. As I walk into the room I trip over a chair. Definitely embarrass myself. Mr. Bane walks into view. "Oh, you're here. Thank you volunteering, Alexander. No one else did." Lucky me. "Well, all I need you to do is grade some papers. If I have anything else for you to do, I'll let you know. The pile is over there." He pointed to the pile on his desk. He sat down on a chair, and stretched out his long legs on the desk. "It's Alec, by the way," I said. I always have to tell everyone to call me Alec, not Alexander. Alexander sounds too formal.

"I'm sorry?" He cocked an eyebrow at me. Was he wearing eyeliner?

"I don't like it when people call me Alexander. It's just Alec."

"Okay, Alec. Have a seat." The next thirty minutes were so awkward. It was pure silence besides the scratching of a pen. It was sliced open when he answered his phone. "Hello, Ragnor. To what do I owe this phone call from my green haired Prince? Really? What time? I'm working right now but I'll be out by the time the party starts." There was silence then his eyes widened. "That soon! I can't get there that soon! You know how long it takes me to get ready! Ugh, fine. I'll find a way." He muttered a few curses and looked around. He seemed so distressed. "Alec, I'm going to get a few things from my car. If someone comes asking for me, say I went to the bathroom." He quickly rushed out of the room. Now I really was alone.

Original title: Isabelle and your shenanigans