Day 23

"Alec. C'mon. The party already started and we're going to be late," Isabelle yelled. Exactly. I don't want to go. She only forcing me to go because she knows I like Magnus Bane, the High Warlock of Brooklyn, and she heard he was going to be there. I've been at war with myself figuring out if I like him, or the attention he gave me. Only recently accepting that I'm gay has left me confused to what male attention I actually like. I find Magnus attractive, but I'm not sure if I'm attracted to him. Maybe I need to go to this party. Maybe it'll get my mind off of him. Maybe I'll find a guy I actually like.

"Okay, I'm going. But I'm wearing what I want," I yelled back.

~o~

When we got to the party it was loud and colorful. Sweaty bodies were practically having sex on the dance floor. The party didn't seem so appealing all of a sudden. I search for Isabelle, but she's gone. I already lost Isabelle in the crowd. Great. Instead of looking for her, I make my way to the bar. I take a seat and ask for a vodka and coke. While I sat there, I thought things over. Magnus, my sexuality, where Isabelle could be. Especially Magnus. I couldn't seem to get him out of my mind. His cat eyes and his golden skin that almost gleemed unnaturally. The ways he speaks, and how he walks with such grace. Like he has no bother in the world. And his last words to me. I can't get them out of my mind. Call me. Maybe I should. Maybe. Instead I just kept drinking until I couldn't think of Magnus.

~o~

The party was great. Loud and plenty of people. It had all been faces I haven't seen before. No one familiar had shown up, until I got to the bar to get another drink. I might have had a few drinks already, but I had no doubt that Alec Lightwood was at the bar. I sat down next to him, but he didn't notice. He just kept drinking and ignored me. "Hello," I said, trying to sound seductive.

"Hello?" He looked at me confused. He must be really drunk.

"How's your night going?" I said in attempt in making conversation. He is an interesting person, and I like to get to know him better.

"Terrible."

"How come? A hot guy like you shouldn't be alone at a party."

"I wish I could be with someone, but he probably doesn't like me."

"Who is it? You'll never know if you never let them know." Helping the guy I like talk about a guy he likes. Ironic.

"Nah. He probably doesn't like me back. He's so...magnificent, and I'm not."

"I'd like to say otherwise. You're interesting, and maybe he does like you back. Who is it?" He finished his drink and turned to me. His eyes were a darker blue than usual.

"It's the High Warlock of Brooklyn. Magnus Bane." Well that was definitely a shock. Turns out the guy he's all flustered over is me, and I'm not sure he even realizes he's talking to me. He must be really drunk, but at the same time my heart jumps. There's something about him that I like, and its not just his hair or eyes.

"I think you should call him or go see him. You might be surprised, maybe he likes you back." He smiled to himself and it might've been the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

"Yeah, you're right. I think I will."

"I'm glad to help." I should be expecting a call from a certain Shadowhunter pretty soon.

Original title: Drunk confession.

I wrote this when I was sick, so it's a bit worse than some of my other works. I apologize. Vote, comment, and stay awesome.