Day 15

Part 2 to the last one, sweeties.

  My pen scribbled a few more grades down. Passed. Failed. Barely passed. Passed with flying colors. Nerd. It went on like that until I memorized the answers and didn't need to look at the answer guide. The silence stopped when Mr. Bane came running into the room with a pile of clothing. He slammed the door. "Close the blinds." I did as I was told, and he started the strip.

  "What are you doing!" Teaching assistants don't usually change clothing in front of a student.

  "I got to get to a party after this. Enjoy the show, or not if you don't want to." He grinned. This man will be the death of me. He quickly threw off his shirt and put on a fish net shirt which hid nothing. He might as well have worn no shirt. He was very lean and thin. Oh my God. I am not attracted to him. He threw a white jacket over that, and next went his pants. I looked away when he took them off. My face did started to heat up. This whole thing is awkward and embarrassing. Him changing right in front of me. "You're missing the best part, you know." When I looked back he had on tight white skinny jeans that made me wonder how he got into them. Then he took out a black bag. "Do you have a mirror?"

  "No." I really don't carry around mirrors. I never care how I look. "You can use my phone a mirror, I guess."

  "Perfect hand it over." Reluctant, I handed over my phone. He held it up to his face and opened his bag to reveal tons of makeup. Like the amount of makeup Isabelle has. He started applying it. It was amazing to watch. How his hands made a perfect wing with his eyeliner, his eyeshadow was a smoky gold color, and he topped it all with glitter. He started to do a few things with his hair until he gave up and gelled it into spikes. Also with glitter. "Thank you, Alec. I would put my number into your phone, but I don't have time." Did he just say that? Did he just flirt with me? Maybe he was just teasing. Isn't teasing flirting? By the Angel, I'm so confused. "Aww. You're blushing."

  "Yeah, it happens a lot." Why did you say anything?

  "Cute. How do I look?" He did a little twirl.

  "You look fine. You're going to a party right?"

  "I sure am. I would invite you, but you're my student and you don't seem like the party kind of person."

  "You're right, I'm not."

  "I can read people really well, obviously. Well, I still have time until I have to leave, and I can't leave you here alone because I'd get fired, and neither of us want to grade papers. So, tell me about yourself."

  "Myself?"

  "I'm pretty sure 'yourself' means you. Start talking, sweetie."

  "I'm boring. There's nothing to me. What about you?"

  "Obviously, I like parties, I throw parties, and I go to parties, but I like other things. I like my cat. His name is Chairman Meow."

  "We have a cat, but he hates everyone. His name is Church."

  "Chairman likes a few people. That's how I decide who I'm going to date. Whether he likes them or not."

  "What an interesting system." We talked a but more. Turns out we have a bit in common, and he's easy to talk to. Soon enough out conversation had to come to an end.

  "Magnus! You in here?" A man with green hair walked in. He was dressed a lot more toned down. "Magnus! Oh, you are in here. Hurry up. Cat is already waiting on us." Magnus. So that must be his name. I like it. It suits him.

  "I'm held up here for a little bit. We'll leave in a second, though." As Magnus and his friend talked, I sat there awkwardly. "Ah, Ragnor, this is one of my students. I guess you can call him that."