Chapter One: King Douche

────────────────────────────
-'ˏ Margo's Pov ˎ'-

╭                                        ╮
Hawkins High School
Friday , 1:00 p.m
╰                                        ╯

────────────────────────────

"Asshole." I mumbled under my breath as I rolled my eyes and picked my books and papers off the ugly laminate floor of Hawkins High.

Billy Hargrove. The one and only king douche of Hawkins had purposely slammed his shoulder into mine for the second time today. I was always tired of his shit, as most people were, but today's events pissed me off more than usual. Nancy gave me a sympathetic look as she bent down to collect the last of my papers. I angrily shoved them deep down into my backpack before we started on our way towards the parking lot.

We walked out to see Billy leaning against his Camaro with his stupid hair, and god awful attitude, smoking a cigarette as he waited for a little girl who appeared to be his sister. We walked right past to Nancy's car and left campus.

Nancy and I have been best friends ever since she watched me cry on our first day of kindergarten. Without hesitation she awkwardly patted my shoulder and invited me to come play with her. Since then we've been attached at the hip. We were practically the same person. As we shared the same interests and ideas for the most part, the one thing we differed on was getting the hell out of Hawkins and our taste in guys. I wanted to live somewhere big and well, normal. But Nancy wanted to stay here in this hell hole because she enjoyed the small town atmosphere.

She knocked me out of my train of thought as she asked me what I was doing later on tonight.

"Mmm" I hummed lightly thinking about it. "Probably some homework, maybe some hard drugs and then a little-" I said trying to annoy her as she cut me off.

"I didn't want an answer because your coming to this party with me!" She stated while smiling sweetly at me.

"No." I said smiling right back in an act of mocking her.

"Please? It'll be fun. You need to have some FUN!" She begged as she pulled into my driveway.

"That sounds god awful. Do you know me at all?" I retorted as I got out of the car.

"I do which is why I'm forcing you to come. I'll see you at eight. Tell your mom we are having a sleepover or something!" She responded while already backing up out of my driveway.

"I didn't consent to this!" I shouted as she was already halfway down the road. Rolling my eyes at her forcefulness I quickly unlocked my front door and stepped inside.

"IM LOOKING FOR MY PADDLES!" I heard Dustin scream. Sometimes my brother was so weird and he made me want to move out, but I loved him nonetheless.

"Your what?" I said laughing at him as I sat my backpack down on the living room floor.

"My paddles I need them for my curiosity voyage!" He shouted at me from half under the couch. He slammed his head on it trying to wiggle back out from underneath it and I chuckled at him.

"Your library books are on the kitchen table you doofus."

"I just checked there you absolute dingus! Do I LOOK like an idiot to you?" He rambled angrily before realizing they really were on the table. "Oh..." he muttered awkwardly before hurriedly picking them up and running to his room.

"You're welcome!" I shout as he slams the door.

─────────────────────────────