Chapter Six: Broken Picture Frames

────────────────────────────
-'ˏ Margo's Pov ˎ'-

╭ ╮
Margaret Henderson's House
Saturday , 4:43 p.m
╰ ╯

────────────────────────────

I slung my backpack over my shoulder before heading downstairs. I saw Dustin in the kitchen and decided to skip eating anything. Right as I was about to open to door he caught me.

"Margaret?" Dustin called out.

Shit.

"Hm?" I hummed back questioningly.

He popped around from the kitchen doorway and stared at me. "Who's shirt?"

"Mine. Thrift store find. Bye Dusty love you tell mom I'll be home before dinner!" I replied as I slammed the door escaping the situation.

I began walking down the street hoping it wouldn't rain. But of course with my luck the rumble of thunder broke out. I quickly speed walked down the barren path that cut right through the woods.

Finally hitting the main road that led into town I passed the arcade and headed towards the small town diner. Once inside I quickly sat down in a booth and tore off my now soaked jacket that left me in my lightly dampened shirt. A nice older lady asked me if I was ready to order so I got a small coffee and pulled out all of my chemistry homework. Sighing in frustration, I began to work.

Seven coffees and three breakdowns later a group of rowdy jocks came filing in and sat in the booth across from me. I rolled my eyes at the sudden outbreak of noise and continued working.

"Hey sweetcheeks." I cringed at the familiar nickname. "Whatcha working on?" The voice questioned as he snatched the paper from me.

"What the fuck?" I question looking up at the intruder in my booth seat. He suddenly rips my paper in half and I gasped in shock. Another dude sat down next to me. "Sorry babe guess you can redo it." He said smirking as he gripped my thigh. I scooted as far away from his reach as I could but this only angered him. Making him scoot closer, trapping me between him and the wall.

"What do you want?" I asked him trying to sound confident and angry but it came out as a small squeak.

The guy shrugged suggestively and got even closer to me, whispering in my ear. I faced away from him and tried to calm my breathing because nothing could happen in a small diner, right? Suddenly the guy was yanked back by his collar and onto the floor.

"Out." A familiar voice snarled. "You too." He said to the guy on the opposite side of the booth. "Beat it." He pointed towards the door. "NOW or I'll beat both of you into your fucking graves!" He spit out. The two boys and the rest of the group hauled ass to the door not turning around even once.

I breathed out a sigh of relief looking into Billy's angry face.

"We are leaving NOW." He stated as he carefully but firmly shoved my papers into a pile, being careful not to mess them up. He opened my backpack and crammed my binder in before shoving the last of books in on top of it. Quickly zipping it he threw it over his own shoulder. He grabbed my arm pulling me out of the booth before reaching out to grab my jacket. He slung his arm over my shoulder and walked us to the door.

"Terrible customer service didn't want to eat there anyways." He mumbled. It was still raining outside so in a weak attempt to save me from the water he shielded my face with his own hand before unlocking his car door one handed and shoving both me and my backpack inside.