Chapter Nineteen: Who Are You

────────────────────────────
-'ˏ Margo's Pov ˎ'-

╭ ╮
Hawkins Main Road
Friday , 6:54 a.m
╰ ╯

────────────────────────────

I turned back around to see a faceless dog come veering out into the road.

"Holy shit Billy watch out!" Was all I had time to yell.

He whipped his head around to face the road as he began to stomp on the brakes. It was futile because the car began to roll. I quickly brought my arm backwards to secure Max before I was thrown forward into the dashboard from the impact.

────────────────────────────

When I woke up I couldn't seem to get my eyes to open. I weakly brushed hair off my forehead that was sticking to me from an unknown wet substance. I could taste metal in my mouth.

Suddenly arms were around me and screaming voices and sirens could be heard.

"Margo baby please open your eyes!" Someone pleaded with me. Rough hands encased my face but I only had one coherent thought.

Where is Max.

Desperately trying to open my eyes I called out for her amidst the sirens and yelling.

"Max? Where's Maxine?" I said as loudly as I could muster but it came out as a whisper.

Eventually louder cries were heard.

"Margo?" She called back screaming.

I fought to remain awake but I slipped back into the darkness.

────────────────────────────

My head was pounding as I weakly opened my eyes. Bright lights shone down on me causing me to groan as my headache flared.

A sudden flurry of movement was heard.

"Margaret?" A voice called out.

I eventually opened my eyes in a squint to see my surroundings.

I could see the drab ugly colored walls of a hospital room. I looked over to my left to see my mom holding my hand with puffy red eyes that looked like she had been crying for hours.

"Why are you upset?" I whispered to her. She let out a forced laugh as she handed me a styrofoam cup filled with water. "Do you not remember?"

"Huh?" I asked her back confused while taking a large gulp. I turned to my right to see my brother who held my other hand.

"Hi Margie. Woah that's gonna leave a hell of a scar." Dustin breathed out as he stared at the side of my face.

"A scar?" I asked suddenly scared.

"Don't say that." Will said smacking Dustin on the arm.