chapter six _ the truth will out

Betty's POV
It's been two weeks and I haven't seen Jughead yet. Archie and Veronica still behave weird and it still hurts.
That day the three of us were in pops and Veronica was planning for her birthday party . "Ok guys we've been through a lot and I thought maybe a break would be good and that's why we are here now " she said.
" Ronnie, What exactly is your plan?" Archie said
" I want to have the biggest party of Riverdale and I'm about to invite all students of Riverdale high. So as we all know, Pembroke isn't big enough and I thought maybe you guys can help me. Hey Betty why are you so quiet? Say something "
" I'm sorry Veronica, I got distracted " I said
"Oh, what about? A boy?"
"Yes Veronica. A boy named Jughead Jones, I think you know him " I sighed
" Betty, I know you're worried about him but we all are "
" She's right Betty. You're not the only one who cares about him " Archie said
" Seriously Arch ? Then why do you keep hiding something from me? I've seen you talking to FP several times in a day and asking about Jughead. I'm sure you two know something but you're hiding it "
Archie and Veronica looked at each other for a second ; then Archie told her something "we should tell her "
"But what if he gets mad at us?" Veronica said
" I don't care Ronnie. Jughead is our friend and so does Betty ; just look at her face, she's full of sadness and worry. She must know "
I slammed the table and said " Enough!stop arguing and tell me whatever I should know "
Veronica stared at me. "Betty, do you remember the day you broke up with Jughead?" I nodded
She continued "That day he came back home, wrote a note and after that, he took about 100 pills. He almost died but he had good doctors who took him back. He's alive now but he's not the Jughead you used to know "
I could feel the tears on my face. I said "Why didn't you tell me? How is he doing right now?"
" I should have told you before but he didn't let me. You know, he's in the worst condition that someone could be in " Archie said
" what _ what do you mean?"
Veronica said "It's hard to say; he's paralyzed "
I was sobbing. I couldn't believe my boyfriend had committed suicide because of me. "You mean he's can't walk anymore?" I said
"It's not like that. Actually he's body is completely motionless . He can talk and it's all he can do. The pills he took were really strong and they had bad effects on him. Even his body organs can't work well and he's hooked up to machines. He didn't want you to understand because he's a mess."

Veronica nodded. "Believe me he's right. You should also know that he's super depressed now. He's crying about 75% of times, he doesn't go out and nothing. He's just spending his time on a couch until all of his organs stop working "
" where is he right now?"
"Home "Archie said
I stood up and rushed to my car when Archie and Veronica were following me. We went to Jughead's house; I knocked the door and a tall man appeared. "He's the nurse " Archie said
I smiled at him. "Hi I'm a friend of Jughead and I was wondering if we can visit him " I said
He looked at Archie and he nodded. Then he opened the door wider and before he let us in he said "come in but please be quiet. I tried really hard to make him sleep "
We came in and I saw a lifeless body lying on a couch. I couldn't believe that was my Jug, my strong Jug. I wasn't able to control myself, also I didn't want to wake him up. His body was surrounded by medical equipments however he was sleeping like nothing had happened. I sat on the floor and grabbed his hand. When Cyrus came Veronica asked "How is he doing Cyrus?"
"He's getting used to his situation , at least he pretends he does but mentally, he's not doing great. He's really depressed,he doesn't want to go out although he needs to. He's scared of people and I afraid if it effects on his health; for example last night he couldn't sleep because of nightmares and I gave him sleeping pills that were really strong but neither of them worked. Guys, he's sick, really sick and I understand. Every day he says something that doesn't seem good but it's real."
" What does he say?" Archie said
"He wishes he hadn't survived "
I was angry then. I said " What the hell! You wish he hadn't survived? Do you have a heart made of stone or what? Would you say the same thing if your brother was in the same situation?"
"Yes .I've been living with this family for a week and I've seen enough. He's life is as bad as hell; he's still a teenager and there are lots of amazing things to do for a boy at his age but he can do neither of them; all he can do is lying on a couch and see others having fun. He has to stay with me _ the boring me_ the whole night when his father and his sister go out to have fun. I think we shouldn't make him live in torment just because we want him to live "

" ok Cyrus, your speech impressed me but what do you expect us? Killing our best friend?" Veronica said
" of course not. I just want you stop telling him to stay strong and keep fighting . Just let him do whatever he wants "
" ok Cyrus, we'll think about it but now would you please give us a moment with our friend?" I said
He didn't say a thing but he left the room. I got closer to see his face but I wish I never did, suddenly he opened his eyes and we were face to face. He started panicking and he was also in shortness of breath. I called Cyrus and he came as fast as he could. He sent us out of the room, then he started injecting something to his body and tried to calm him down. Shockingly I was the only one who was scared because Archie and Veronica were calm like it was something regular.  "Archie ,does it happen a lot?" He nodded
"It usually happens when he's really scared " Veronica said
"Is he scared of me?"
" No ,Betty he's scared because he just woke up and couldn't realize if it was a dream or reality " Archie said
"Then he was scared of me but he didn't know I was real or not "
" look Betty, maybe you're right because we promised not to tell you but we didn't come here to make him sad, we came here to see you guys get back together.  I know you love him and so he does but you should prove him. I believe you are the only one who is going to save him " Veronica said
" What if he doesn't like me anymore ?"
"Of course he does but it takes time to show you his love "
We were talking when Cyrus came back. He stared at me and said "you are Betty, the Betty "
" you got me " I said
He sat in a corner and buried his face in his hands. " You should have told me Betty " he said
" I know, sorry. I didn't have any other choice. Look I'll leave now but please tell me if he is okay or not "
"Do you want to know?" I  nodded and then he showed me the living room and said "He wants to see you "

I hope you like this part. Next part will be out in few next hours