chapter eight _ disaster in the party

Betty's POV
It was Ronnie's birthday party and I went to Jughead's house to take him there. He was looking adorable in a white tshirt and a navy blue coat. Cyrus helped me put him in the car and then we had to wait for Archie. He was running because he was late. We arrived in the hall and I saw Reggie standing in front of the door. I turned back and said "It's ok Jug. Just ignore him " then we put him on his wheelchair and walked to the door. We passed Reggie and I was feeling relieved when someone behind me said " Hey Betty, how is your new boyfriend?"
I turned back " he's fine;he's better than you " I said
"Don't say that Cooper, at least I'm not on a wheelchair " he got closer to Jug, then continued " I can't believe you left that Jughead boy for a wheelchair boy " then he was standing next to him and when he saw Jughead's face he said "Oh my God ,he is Jughead . Hey man where did you fall from? The first or second floor?"
"Live him alone"
"But I haven't seen him for a long time. I've missed him so much "
" which part of leave him alone you don't understand? Now get out of my way stupid loser "
We got into the hall and Veronica came to us. She had a big smile on her face when she saw Jug. "Welcome to the party, especially you Jug. I have a special table for you " I followed her to the table, it was somewhere out of view that we could be safe from Reggie and his Bulldogs. When we finally sat down Veronica said " I hope you're not mad at me Jug but I invited the whole school and your serpents are also here. You can see them if you want and if you don't, I can ask them out "
"Please don't do that Veronica. If they want to see me, I will be happy to see them too."
"Great, I'll tell them. Now help yourself please "
Archie gave me a weird look and whispered " I'm not sure if he's the Jug I used to know. Something is wrong and I'm sure about that "
I nodded and a few seconds later the whole serpents gang came to our table. Sweetpea was trying to hug him but Cyrus didn't let him because Jughead had lots of needles in his body .
"We really missed you Jug but you're still our king and we will follow your rules " sweetpea said
They kept surrounding him and talking to him until he called Cyrus. Cyrus came to see what was wrong as soon as he called him. Jughead said "Cyrus I can't breathe "
Cyrus went outside to bring his oxygen mask and I asked all the serpents to leave. I was holding his hand and he was gasping for air. Suddenly he closed his eyes. I was scared and I couldn't stop crying. When Cyrus arrived, he saw Jughead, checked if he had a pulse and then called 911. He tried to do a CPR till the ambulance arrived and paramedics took him to the hospital. I put on my jacket to go with him but Veronica made stop. She said "just give me a few minutes and then we'll go together " after that she went behind the microphone and said "everyone please listen to me. As you all saw what happened to our friend Jughead Jones, we can't continue anymore. I love you so much but for Jughead, party is over."

She picked her bag and we left the hall together. We arrived in the Riverdale general hospital and Archie asked me to park the car, then he got inside to find Cyrus or FP .

Archie's POV
I got in the hospital and asked a nurse about Jughead Jones. She told me to visit him in room 310. I got there and saw Cyrus in the hallway.
" hey Cyrus. Is he ok ?" I said
"Yeah he's fine . I think he's kinda allergic to crowded places " he laughed
" Then why are we still in the hospital, I mean can we take him home ?"
"Not yet. They want to take some tests"
" thank you Cyrus for being so protective about Jug "
"That's my job. By the way, he is different for me. You know I've worked with lots of people; most of them were too old but all of them were the same ,all they could do was nagging but Jughead is like a brother to me. I just like his personality "
While we were talking Betty and Veronica appeared. Betty wanted to go to his room but Cyrus stopped her quickly. He said " Betty, they gave him a lot of morphine. Would you please let him rest for some hours?" Then Betty joined us and asked about him. Cyrus told her whatever he told me except non medical parts _.

"Guys, did you tell FP or he's still waiting for Jughead at home?"
What Veronica said shocked all of us because we had forgotten about him.
So Cyrus managed it and called FP as fast as he could. I can say about 15 minutes later, FP was sitting with us in the waiting room.
It was near midnight when our parents started calling us. I left the hospital with Veronica and Archie stayed. He wanted to make sure Jughead is fine.

Cyrus's POV
Jughead was open to visitors but I asked his friends not to visit him until he wakes and to make sure they don't, I stayed in his room the whole night. It was almost the next day when he opened his eyes and called my name. I said "Hey man, are you feeling better? I'm going to call your dad "
"Don't Cy, take a seat please, I wanna talk to you " I sat next to "what's up man?"
" we talked about it.Do you remember that night when I told you about death?"
" I remember it from A to Z"
"Then why did you call 911? Why did you save my life?"
"Dude I will never let you die on me or in your friends party "
"Do you know how I was feeling in that moment ? I was so happy after a long time in my life. Why didn't you let me stay happy?"
I was speechless. I didn't know if I had done something good or bad but he was disappointed just because of me. I had nothing to say, so I left the room and let his father in.
His friend , Archie, was still sitting in the waiting room. I got there and stood right in front of him. He said "Are you ok Cy ?" I nodded. He continued "then why are you? Is it about Jug?"
" no ,I think I should quit my job "
" you're scaring me Cy, tell me what happened "
" I _ I can't lose him. He's so young and I can't see him suffering. I mean he was mad at me because I didn't let him die. He said he was happy when he was dying."
He gave me a hug . He said "Don't quit. Please don't. I know how much he needs you but I want you to give him some time. " and I nodded

I hope you like this part. This part was a bit boring but wait, it's getting interesting