chapter seventeen _ I don't care

Betty's POV
I didn't want to see him again; I didn't even want to think about him. People usually don't wish for the death of each other but those days, I wished he was dead. I wished his suicide attempt was successful ; in that case he didn't have to ask me such a thing.
I decided not to tell Veronica or Archie because I didn't want to ruin Jughead's life . I didn't even tell my parents. I kept everything as a secret and told others that we broke up because I didn't want to be in a relationship with someone disabled.
I didn't go outside for days but it was time to turn back to normal. I got out and went to the library. I picked some books and took a seat. I wanted to start reading my books but suddenly I saw someone familiar; it was Cyrus. I didn't want him to know that I was there, so I quickly left the library and I was about to run when someone hold my wrist. I turned back to see who did it and it was Cyrus, again.

"Since when you scape from me?" He asked
"Eve since I found out your friend asked me to kill him. I don't wanna see you Cyrus, neither Jughead "
"Betty, why don't you let him die in peace? Do you know that he's almost dying?"
"Cyrus, tell me where did I go wrong that I deserve killing my best friend ? I did whatever I could just to make him happy . Is killing him my reward? "
"He's sorry Betty. He was in pain when he asked you. That's what he always does. Now, only God knows how depressed he is. He doesn't talk, he cries all the time and he doesn't want to see anyone except you "
"Cyrus, I am so sorry that I can't be with him anymore because he is the dumbest person in this world but I have a massage for him. Tell him that Betty doesn't exist anymore. Tell him that I'm gone, for good "
"Is it what you really want me to tell him?"
"Yeah, that's it "

I walked away and he just stood there watching me. I couldn't believe what I said but sometimes people say things without knowing the consequences. He was the love of my and what I said would break his heart .
When we were younger we used to dream about our future. We both wanted to move to New York ; I wanted to establish my own newspaper and he wanted to be publish his novel. We also talked about our children. We chose their names and dreamt about them. But now that everything has changed, I will never have a future with Jughead.

I decided to change my life. I wanted to start everything from the beginning and I even asked my parents if we could move to another town but they disagreed.

It's been a month since I broke up with Jughead . I tried hard to forget him but he will never be forgotten and will remain as a part of my heart but I hope someday his memory fades in my mind.

Cyrus, FP and Gladys call me sometimes but I always reject their phone calls. That day I wanted to meet Veronica and Archie. I was ready to go when my phone rang and I saw it was FP , I rejected him and got out of house. I went to pops and sat in a booth with my friends. That's when I got the second phone call; I ignored that and decided to turn off my phone.
"Why didn't you answer?" Veronica asked
"Because I don't want to " I said
"I think you should see him Betty " Archie said
"I don't know who you're talking about"
"It's ok, you can ignore him as much as you want "
"We haven't seen him since he came back from Mexico because he didn't want to see anyone except you but today we want to go to his house and we thought maybe you would like to visit him " Veronica said
"I have something else to do. Have fun with your friend "
We said goodbye and then I went home. I turned on my phone and saw millions of missed calls from FP and Cyrus. I was tired of them interrupting me all the times and that's why I put their numbers in my blacklist and after that I didn't get any phone calls.
It was almost midnight when Veronica called me and woke me up. Her voice was shaking and I can say she was crying. She was trying to say something but she couldn't
"Ronnie are you okay? Why are you crying?" I asked
"Come here Betty . We need to say goodbye "
And that's when I understood the reason of phone calls from Jughead's family

I'm sorry this part is too short. I'll send the next part soon. This fan fiction is near to its end and I'm going to miss writing it but I'm going to start my new fanfic and I hope you support me