chapter fifteen _ Hello Mexico

Jughead's POV
It was the day. We said goodbye to our families and went to the airport. I was sitting on my wheelchair , Betty and Cyrus were getting our flight cards. I stayed there for 15 minutes and after that they both came to me.
"So we have two hours left and I'm super hungry. Let's go eat something " Betty said
"I totally agree. Actually we were too busy this morning that we forgot having something for breakfast "Cy said
"Is that okay for you Jug?"
" of course it is Betty " I said
We went to the airport cafe; Betty and Cy ordered food and we were sitting  there.
"You didn't tell me we're going to Cancun first " I said
"Sorry Jug. I couldn't find flight tickets to Mexico city because they were all booked but don't worry we're going to visit Mexico city after we go to Cancun "
"That's really nice Betty. I can't wait to see the beach "
"Dude you're so excited like it's your first time in the beach " Cy said
"I already told you that I've never been out of Riverdale "
"You're going to love it Juggie. I can still remember the first time that I saw the ocean. That was wonderful " Betty said
They had breakfast then and an hour before our flight, Cyrus and I went to the special place that was made for patient passengers. Hopefully I was the only patient in our flight and no one was there even Betty, so I had enough time to talk to Cyrus.
"I can't believe it's happening " I said
"Me too, I'm also happy because that's what you've been wishing for a long time "
"But I'm kinda scared. What if I die there? What if I ruin your vacation?"
"Hey Jug, would you please stop thinking about what_ifs ? The more you think about them, the more your life gets limited. It's just life; it'll be over before you know it "
"Cy, why are you so nice to me?"
"I don't think I'm nice, not even close. I just care about things that must be cared "
"Like me?"
"Like the way you feel. Everyone cares about you and your health but they don't care about other things "
"How do you know that?"

"It's easy. I mean what will happen if you become really depressed again? Nothing; because you can't even kill yourself without someone's help and I know that nobody wants to help someone kill himself . That's what others think about but I don't. I believe that it's our soul that keeps us alive. When you are so tired of your life, you don't need to kill yourself by a gun or something like that. All you have to do is to believe that your life must be ended ; after that you don't even need to try because your soul will kill itself and a few seconds later you will die. That's why I care about people's soul "

"But why am I still alive? I've already believed that my life must be ended "
"Maybe there's still something in this world you're living for, it might be small but it's enough to keep you alive "
"Of course there's something "

After 10 minutes some of airport employees came to us and they said that we had to get on the plane earlier to set up all of my medical equipments. On the plane, Cyrus and I had to sit on special seats that were kinda comfortable (at least more than the economy ones) . Unfortunately Betty couldn't sit with us but she was okay with that. Cyrus made me put on my oxygen mask because of pressure and he gave me sleeping pills so I could sleep during the flight.
I slept for a long time and I didn't feel anything until Cyrus woke me up. At first I was scared because it was my first time on a plane and I thought it might fall every second. Cyrus calmed me down, he said "calm down Jug . We're landing in five minutes "
"What? You mean we're in Mexico right now?"
"Do you wanna see?" He showed me the town from the window "Hello Mexico, we're coming " he said
I smiled; my dream came true and I couldn't be happier. The plane landed in Cancun and it took us more than an hour to get out of the airport. We took a taxi and went to our hotel . It was still 11 AM and the check in time was 2 PM. We had to stay in the lobby. Betty and Cyrus almost collapsed on a  couch because they were super tired but I wasn't . I was so excited to see the beach.
"Do you want to stay here guys?" I asked
"No, I want to go to my room but unfortunately it's not available " Betty said
"I didn't expect you guys to be this tired"
"I wouldn't be if I had someone to give me one of those sleeping pills"
"Ok ,rest "
I decided to close my eyes for a second but  I think the sleeping pills Cy gave me were too strong because the next thing I remember is waking up in a hotel room
"Good morning Jug " Cy said
"What time is it?" I asked
"6 o'clock "
"PM?"
"AM "
"OMG, you mean I slept the whole day? Oh no I missed a day "
"Don't worry Jug, we have enough time"
"Where is Betty?"
"Her room. We're going to meet her in two hours "
"Ok, I wanna sit will you help me please?"
He helped me sit and got me ready. I noticed he didn't have a swimsuit or anything to wear in the beach.
"Dude why don't you wear something comfortable? " I asked
"It's not summer vacation Jug. I'm working right now and I get paid to make sure you are safe and you have fun "
"Cy, that's not what we came for. I want everyone to have fun. So, today we'll go to the beach, I I'll find you a girl and all you have to do is having fun because you deserve it Cy "
"Fine but if I get hired  you will pay my bills until I find a new job "
"Ok,deal "
"Are you serious?"
"Of course I am . Now, let's go shopping"
We went to the nearest shopping mall and he bought all of the things he needed . After that we went back to our hotel to see Betty and go to the beach

I hope you liked the chapter. The story will be finished in a few chapters . So if you want to read more drama, don't miss the last chapters