17

Ashton's POV

I sit there holding Tilly while Luke checks her over for bruises. She wriggles slightly before opening her eyes a little bit.

"Hey princess, how are you feeling?" She sighs and leans into me more making Luke laugh. 

"Weird." I chuckle (more like giggle) but answer.

"Yeah, that is just the medication. Any pain?" She shakes her head. Luke looks at me and i sigh lightly. "Now Tilly, can you tell me how you got all these bruises." She looks down at her hands and Luke grabs one of them.

"The car accident." Luke grabs her chin gently and she looks at him.

"Tilly..." She starts crying and i hold her tightly.

"He- he" She gets interrupted when the door slams open. A man stumbles in who looks kind of familiar. Luke stands up. 

"Matilda, lets go!" He steps forward but Luke pushes him back. I feel Tilly move closer to me.

"Excuse me sir, but Matilda is not going anywhere." He steps forward again and that is when i recognise him. He was the guy who was with Marissa. I hear Tilly start crying and i try to comfort her and cover her with my body. The door opens again and both Calum and Michael walk in. 

"What the f**k is going on!?" We all look at Michael in silence before the random guy speaks us again.

"I am here to collect my daughter." He looks at Tilly and she cowers back in fear. I have had enough.

"We know for a fact you are not her father!" He stomps his foot.

"Well i am here to take her home!" Marissa walks in and we all glare at her. 

"Marcus, stop annoying the doctors so they can help our precious Matilda." I frown, something isn't right. Marissa steps forward and Tilly whimpers and I lean down so i can whisper to her. 

"Tilly, do they hurt you?" She nods and I look at Luke who saw what i did. I nod slightly at him and he clenches his fists. 

"Matilda Grace, we are leaving now!" Marcus grabs her wrist and Tilly screams, I push him back while Calum and Michael grab him. 

"No, you aren't, you will be speaking to the authorities." Michael and Luke grab the shoulders of the couple and push them out the door. Calum runs up to us and climbs on the bed being careful of Tilly's leg. He grabs her hands and she leans into him making me smile. 

"You're okay now, you're safe." She lets out a sigh and we just hold we tightly, making sure she is comfortable. Soon enough she falls asleep. After sitting quietly for 10 minutes Luke and Michael walk back in. Luke smiles when he sees Tilly.

"How is she doing?" I look down at her snuggled in between Calum and I.

"Alright now. Where's Marissa and Marcus?"

"With the police. They are going to need to take photos of the bruises and cuts." Calum looks down guiltily. 

"We should have never let Marissa take her." I sigh.

"We didn't have much of a choice mate. Marissa is her guardian." Michael suddenly looks up and lets out a noise.

"Where is she going to go! She can stay with us!" Calum looks at Tilly and i just look at Michael. 

"I guess it depends on the social worker. She trusts us and she probably won't be comfortable around proper couples for a while." Luke looks up from his phone.

"I'll go call social services now, we need to set a court date anyway." Luke walks out and we just sit in silence until Michael speaks up.

"I hope she is allowed to stay with us." Calum and I nod in agreement. 

YAY, an update for you!