Chapter I

Well, here's the first chapter.
Hope you like!

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations.

Chapter 1

Money. Power. Brother.

Those were the only things that he knew in life. To him, these were the only things that mattered. Other things were unnecessary.

For him, feelings and emotions were unnecessary. They were mere weaknesses.

People were mere pawns to achieve his goals.

He had no family left, but only his little brother, Sanskar. Other than him, he didn't care for anyone in this world. Everyone that knew him was aware of this fact as well.

Well, everyone that 'feared him' would be a more appropriate term actually.

People feared him. After all, he was the top-dog of the criminal world, Laksh Maheshwari.

At the age of 15, he managed to catch the eye of Rajiv Bhalla, the then don of Delhi. Rajiv wanted him to work for him, but Laksh refused. However, he guaranteed that his little brother would get proper education and schooling.

And Laksh? He didn't need anything more. He knew his brother well. Whenever Sanskar saw other kids going to school, he would look at them with longing. However, he never voiced it to Laksh as he didn't want to be a burden.

Laksh himself never had the opportunity or money to go to school. But he would be damned if he let his little brother be the same. For his brother, he could do anything. And it was for his brother that Laksh joined Rajiv's gang.

As promised, Sanskar got the education that he wanted, while Laksh learnt the ways of the criminal world.

Laksh was a smart learner by birth. He quickly rose in the ladder, learning the skills to survive amidst the corrupt gangs. In no time, he was the right hand man of Rajiv.

Rajiv treated him better than the other men under him. It might be because Rajiv lost his own son in a police firing. Hence, he saw his son in Laksh. He was treated by Rajiv like his own prodigy.

After Rajiv's death, it came as no surprise when Laksh was elected as the next don. Rajiv had himself given him the position before his death.

Now, Laksh was the king of the criminal world, the don of the city, the one who didn't hesitate to kill if anyone was in his way.

The one who would go to any lengths to get what he wanted.

That as the way it was.

That was the way he wanted it to be...forever.

Never did he think that it would all change in just some mere seconds when he crossed paths with her.

It was only a few seconds for which their eyes met. Only some mere seconds.

Yet, it changed his whole life.

"Man, I can't believe I'm stressing over something like this. Damn!"

 Damn!"