Chapter IX

So, about time Laksh met his lover's mum. Let's see what unfolds.

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

Chapter 9 - Meeting the Family

"I take it back. I'm not a man. I'm still a boy."

"Oho Laksh! Stop being incorrigible

"Oho Laksh! Stop being incorrigible."

"One, I don't know what that means. Second, all I know right now is that you're taking me to my doom."

"Shh! Just hush!" Ragini stopped in front of a black gate. She reached over and fixed Laksh's messy hair. "Ah! Now you look like a gentle guy."

"Ragini..."

"Stop whining already. You'll do great!" she assured. "Now then, make sure you don't have any cigarettes hidden with you. Or any other illegal things. Make sure you don't have any tobacco packets either. Mothers hates them with a capital H!"

Laksh was about to check his pockets, when he recalled he didn't smoke. "In nervousness, I'm forgetting I don't do those things. Ragini! Stop making me more nervous."

"Sorry, sorry. Just making sure."

'Other than the gun hidden in my back, there's nothing out of place.' Laksh thought with a flat face. 'Must make sure they don't notice it.'

"Laksh? Laksh!?"

"Huh, what?"

Only then did he notice that they had already passed the gate and were at the front door.

"I said I pressed the bell. Mom's gonna be at the door any moment now. Be ready!"

"But...but..." the door opened at the exact moment and an elderly looking woman came out.

Laksh gulped and forced a smile. "Hello Ragini's Mum. It's a pleasure to meet you!" from the corner of his eyes, he saw Ragini widen her eyes and shake her head at him. 'What did I do? Should I be more gentle like as she said?' he cleared his throat and bowed. "It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am. Ragini speaks so much about you!"

"Am I that old that you mistook Ragini's grandmother for me?" came a voice from inside.

At this, Laksh looked to the side towards Ragini. "This is your Dadi?"