Chapter XIII

Hi ya! Back with another chapter. Thanks for the votes. Though I wish the readers were more...

Anyways! No worries... Each in its own time. Hehe...

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations.

Chapter 13 - Echoes of a Lie

They say too much noise is nauseating.

They say chaos is intolerable.

They say harsh words are hurtful.

But right now...

Right now, for Laksh, Ragini's silence was more defeaning than any audible sound could make.

Amar didn't shoot him. He spared Laksh's life.

'I wish he would have. At least it would be better than facing this situation. Death seems more welcoming than Ragini's hatred.'  Laksh turned to look away when his eyes landed on the smirking Amar. 'Sadistic bastard!'

Amar didn't shoot him because he wanted to see Laksh suffer. He wanted Laksh to bear the hate of his love. He was enjoying it thoroughly. He was enjoying making them suffer.

'Amar Raichand, you won't escape this easily. I'm not going to let you live peacefully after you destroyed the happiness in all our lives!' Laksh grit his teeth and looked around. Something had to be done to free themselves from the goons.

Laksh gathered all the courage he could muster to even look at Ragini's face. He didn't have it in him to face her after the truth had been revealed to her...that too, in the most bitter way possible.

However, duty called. He needed to save them somehow.

Laksh swallowed the lump in his throat and balled up his fists in determination. With great mental strength, he raised a shaky hand to put on her shoulder. "Ra...R-Ragini?"

When Ragini didn't budge or respond, he tried to shaking her lightly on the shoulder. However, she smacked his hand away harshly. Laksh flinched at her action, but stayed silent.

After all, he should have expected it.

"Don't!"

"Ra-"

"Don't take my name from your filthy mouth! How...how could you do this to me?"

Laksh flinched at the bitterness in her voice. "I never wanted to hurt you. I th-"

"Ahahaha...oh the irony of it!" Amar exclaimf suddenly. "She just told you to not take her name with your filthy mouth. Wasn't it you who had told me that just some time ago? Ahahaha...tables have turned."

Laksh glared at him. "Would you mind? We're discussing something personal here! You're gonna kill us anyway. So just let us have some moments of peace!"

"I control the game now Laksh. Your days of ordering are null and void." Amar said with a smirk. Nevertheless, he stepped back with a whistle. "But I'm not that merciless. I'll let you sort out the problems with your chick."

Laksh wanted to punch Amar till his teeth fell out as he left with a flying kiss towards Ragini.

Seeing movement to his side, he noticed Ragini moving towards where Sanskar and her family was. Laksh followed soon after.