Chapter XIV

Hi there! This one's a bit short. Hope you like.

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 14 - Harsh Reality

"Sanskar, you plan to charge in as well?"

"I know Lucky doesn't like I and probably beat me later. But I won't stand back like a coward!"

"But it's dangerous!" Swara exclaimed.

It was a good thing everyone was busy watching Laksh, Ragini and Amar that they weren't paying much attention to them wrapped in a hug.

"Didn't Laksh say you don't fight?"

"I...I don't. I keep away from the gang matters. It's only recently that I became good at shooting with guns." Samskar admitted. "But this doesn't mean that I'm running away. I'll fight. I'll fight for my brother, for you, for Ragini Di and Shramishtha Maa, and for everyone here that needs to be protected." he broke Te hug and winked at her. "That's what my brother always taught me. To fight for the ones I care about with everything I got. To fight for the right cause and to value it more than my life!"

"Trying to play hero, huh?" Amar asked, hearing the last comment.

Swara straightened up and pushed Sanskar away. "You liar! I should have never loved you, jerk! Maa, I was so mistaken!" she cried out and hugged her mother. She cried and wailed, but amidst her sniffs, she whispered Sanskar's message to her mother.

"Aww...your lover doesn't like your hero role play." Amar tsked.

"Hero or not hero. I'll protect her...or die trying!"

Swara was touched by his words. As she sneaked a peak into his eyes, she could the determination, his courage, the selflessness and also, his love for her. 'He lied to us, it's true. But...but the love I see in his eyes can't be fake. Maybe he really was telling the truth. Maybe...' she looked towards where Laksh was. 'Maybe Laksh really was changing for Ragini di. Laksh bhaiya looks like the life has been stolen out of him. Just look at him. He looks so...so... I can't even describe the sorrow on his face. Only the pain and hurt of a broken heart could make one seem so.'

It indeed did feel like that to Laksh.

Ragini's words hurt. Even her physical hit wouldn't have hurt him as much as her spiteful words.

He felt like a walking dead body. Even as the threat of death lay before him, he didn't care. Amar was insulting him, but it was all on deaf ears. Laksh didn't care.

Everyone was either looking at him with fear, anxiety or disgust. He didn't care.

He was crying in front of everyone, but he didn't care.

None of it mattered.

Laksh Maheshwari wasn't broken by his enemies.

But the only thing that broke him was seeing Ragini's devastated state and her dead eyes.

Laksh thought he couldn't break anymore. However, he was proven wrong by Ragini's next words.

"Laksh Maheshwari, I hate you! I hate you more than anything this world! Never, ever show your face to me again! I would rather choose to die than to face you!"

"What...what are you saying Ragini? I...I can't live without you!" Laksh tried to put all his emotions into his words to make her realize how much he meant them.