Chapter XII

Oops! A bit of delay than usual, no? Hehe...got lazy.

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations.

Chapter 12 - Complicated Truths

(How close are they?)

"Th-they...they're already here Adarsh." Sanskar replied, barely holding on to his wits. He could feel his heart beat in his ears out of fear.

(Shit! I'll be there as soon as possible. You just hold on!) saying so, the line cut off.

With a shaky hand, Sanskar kept the phone back in his pocket. He could feel the sweat roll off from his forehead.

From the corner of her eyes, Swara saw Sanskar's distressed face. She took him by the hand and led him a bit further away from the mandap. "Sanskar? What's wrong?"

"Promise me, you'll listen till the end."

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"Promise me!"

Swara could see the desperation in his eyes. "Of course. I pro-"

A loud bang made them look towards the main gate.

Swara gasped as she saw the big and bulky men holding guns. "Who are they? They look dangerous. Why are they here!? Please tell me those are some friends of yours working in the defense force."

"I wish they were." Sanskar spoke in panic. He grabbed Swara's hand and walked closer to Laksh. "Bhai..."

Laksh looked up from where he sat with Ragini in the mandap. "Whatever you want to tell me, can't it wait till we're done with the rituals bro?"

"I don't th-think so bro. Sorry man."

Laksh's face turned serious hearing his brother's panicky voice. "Little brother, what's wrong?"

Sanskar swallowed the saliva in his throat. "L-Laksh? Laksh, they...they're here."

At first, Laksh looked confused. However, his eyes widened when his eyes fell on the new arrivals into the hall. He understood to whom Sanskar was referring to. "Shit!"

"Stop this marriage right now!" shouted one of the men.

The guests stared at them, while the bride and bridegroom stood up from their places. Everyone seemed to be confused by the events taking place.

However, when his words didn't seem much effective, the goon took out his gun and shot in the air. "Stop I said!"

At once, chaos broke out in the marriage hall.

The guests ran about in panic. Shramistha didn't know what to do or how to control the situation. They were her guests, but never did she think such a danger would arrive upon her daughter's marriage. What was happening was something unthinkable!

Ragini looked around in distress. "What's all this? What's going on? Why are you firing!?" she shouted at the goon.

"Ragini, stay back!" Laksh warned, pushing her behind him.

Sanskar was panicking on the inside, However, he knew he couldn't cower in front of imminent danger. He would have to stay strong to protect his brother and the others.

"Sanskar, I'm scared." Swara whispered to him, holding him in a vice grip.

Sanskar place a hand on her hands and pushed her behind him. "Shh...we'll get out of this. Don't worry."