Chapter XI

Hi there! Good morning. 🌸

Back with another chapter. Hope you like!

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations.

Chapter 11 - The Day

And thus the day arrived.

The happiest day in Ragini and Laksh's lives.

Ragini was finally going to be Ragini Laksh Maheshwari. And she couldn't be more happy. The smile on her face was a constant. It only complimented her features which were looking striking with the make up. Her dress was an expensive one, courtesy of Swara. She was the one who chose it for her and wouldn't listen to Ragini when she suggested it was too much.

Ragini still had to pinch herself to remind herself that it wasn't a dream.

However, looking back now she realizes she could have never ever in her life imagined  it would turn out to be the worst day of her entire life.

Earlier...

#Laksh's apartment, 8am #

"Perfect! Done bro!" Sanskar exclaimed, coming to stand to the side and admiring his handy work. "See? I told you I knew how to tie the head-wear."

Laksh looked at his reflection in the mirror. "My, my little brother! You sure did good. I look good."

"Yep!"

"How good do I look?"

"Enough to make a girl drool and imagine fantasies." Sanskar said with a wink.

"Hey dudes!" Adarsh greeted, coming into the room. He went and looked at Laksh with pride. "So, it's the big day, huh? My best friend is finally going to marry, eh?"

"Yep. I finally found my soulmate."

Adarsh nodded with a sigh. "It's like only yesterday when I played hopscotch with you. And now...now you're a grown man! *sigh* Kids, they grow up so fast." he exclaimed dramatically, rubbing away his fake tears.

Laksh's eye twitched at his teasing. "Kid? I. Am. Not. A. Kid! I'm a grown man and your leader, mind you!"

"Oh my little boy is a grown man now!"

Sanskar took out his gun and opened the slots. He smudged his finger with some gunpowder and came forward. Without giving Laksh a chance to protest, he put some on Laksh's cheek. "Kisiki nazar na lage. Now he's safe, right Adarsh"

"Oh right!" Adarsh took some from Sanskar's gun and smudged it on Laksh's other cheek. "Ah! Now it looks equal."

Laksh turned to look at the mirror in horror. Two black smudges were starkly visible on his clean shaved face. "What have you done!? You midgits! I'm the groom. Not Count Dracula or a soldier on the border! You...you both just...argh!"

"Time to run Adarsh?"

"Yep! My thoughts exactly Sanskar."