Chapter X

Good evening. 🌸
Won't chitchat much. Let's move on to the chapter.

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 10 - Asking for her Hand

'Breathe in, breathe out. Breath in, breathe out.' Laksh practiced, trying to calm himself. 'Breathe in, bre-'

"Hi!"

"Oh my goodness!" Laksh exclaimed, jumping out of his seat. "The heck Sanskar?! Why would you scare me like that?! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Hahaha...! Sorry bro. But I couldn't resist." Sanskar patted his back. "Stop freaking out. You'll do great!"

"I don't know Sanskar. I'm so nervous. What if...what if I mess up?"

"You won't. Just eat yourself!"

"What if I stumble on the carpet?! What if I spill water when I drink? What if I laugh out too loud like a chihuahua?!"

"Chihuahua? Seriously bro?"

"What if my voice doesn't come outprooerly and I squeak like a chipmunk?"

"Well, I don't know about Ragini's mum. But I sure am getting irritated to the core by your irrational fears." Sanskar grit out. "Bhai, you've met her mother many a times. You've even visited their home! Then why are you so nervous? Only difference is that you're going to ask for Ragini's hand today, which is something we all know you would do one day or the other! Her mother knows it too!"

Laksh glared and pointed a finger at him. "I'll remember each and every word you said and repeat them when you'll go to ask Swara's hand. Mind my words!" Laksh huffed out and went to look himself once more in the mirror. "I can do this. I can do this. I'm a man! I'm a man!"

"Yes Laksh. That's the spirit!" Adarsh cheered, coming into the new apartment that Laksh and Sanskar were renting. It was their new home away from their gang's layer.

It had been a month since Laksh began his new business, while Sanskar continued with his studies in university.
With his contacts, Adarsh managed to get him into a firm. To say Laksh had good commercial and communication skills would be an understatement. He was a natural!

As time flew by, Laksh was getting used to living like a normal worker. It wasn't easy, but he was adjusting.

He was learing not to directly punch someone if they spoke rudely to him.

He was learning to use words instead of guns as immediate threat.

He was learning not to call people idiots directly to their faces, but show fake care.

All in all, he was doing good. There weren't much many people in the office that troubled him. He didn't face many problems which even old employees couldn't avoid. Maybe he was that adaptable that he was able to get along so smoothly with everyone.

Or maybe it was the fact that he had knocked out a guy who was trying to bully him with a punch on the first day of his work.

*flashback*

"Laksh! You shouldn't have done that!"

"And he can bully me? How's that fair?!"

"Laksh, that is an office. New employees are often demanded their names by the seniors. It's no big of a deal!"