Chapter XVI

Hey all!

🎊 Happy friendship day 🎊

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Word in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 16 - Repurcusions

Two hours after the horrific attack, they finally managed to lose the enemies. There were many injured, many with bullet wounds. However, they would recover as the wounds weren't so severe.

Only casualty that tore the hearts of both the families was Swara's death.

#Maheshwari residence, late night#

"Status Adarsh?"

"It's under control. Our men have been given the required aid. Some of them are in the hospital. The rest wanted to return safely to their homes, but I asked them to stay in the guest house today. Just in case."

"And their families?"

"They are all safe Laksh. I called each and every one of them." Adarsh replied.

This was why he liked Laksh. He always made sure all of his comrades were taken care of. 'I can see how he desperately wants to know about Ragini, but his men, the ones who fought for him are equally important to him.'

"Did you get them to a safe place Adarsh? Ra-"

"Yes. Both Ragini and her mother are safe. However, Swara's body...its okay if you don't want to talk about it."

Laksh swallowed hard at the mention of Swara. He felt like it was all his fault.

Lash wanted to avoid the topic as it only made him guilty and misrlerable. But he refused to back away. He refused to take the easy way out when he was part of the cause. He wanted to feel miserable because he felt he deserved it.

"What about it?"

Adarsh sighed in resentment. "I'm sorry, but we couldn't bring it with us. The van where her body was placed burst into flames before we could recover it."

Laksh's eyes widened in horror. "Sanskar was in there as well!"

"Don't worry. We got him out when the flames started. We struggled to pull him away from the burning vehicle as he wouldn't come out without Swara's body. But we managed. The guy's completely devastated Lucky."

"He loved her. What do you expect?"

Adarsh looked at Laksh with frustration and helplessness. "I'm sorry man! But the person alive was more of priority, not to mention like my own brother! Call me selfish but I don't care. Swara was already dead. So I..." Adarsh closed his eyes and sighed. He looked far old than he was as he stood there before Laksh. "So I did what was necessary. Hate me if you want to. I ju-"

Laksh stopped him with a hand to the shoulder. "It's okay Adi. I understand. It was a life and death situation and you took the one that would save my brother. Don't feel guilty over it much. I...I think Swara's soul...where ever it is, would be thanking you right now for saving our Sanky."

"You...you really think so?"

"Absolutely." Laksh assured with a small smile.

Laksh's words made Adarsh feel like a huge burden had been lifted from his shoulders. "Thanks dude. I had to...no. I needed to hear these words. It was killing me inside thinking I did something unforgivable." Adarsh's relieved face, however, turned into a morose one quickly. "But...but Sanskar won't understand. For him, I'm the one who left his lover behind."