Chapter VIII

Hi ya! Nice to see the regular readers are following each update regularly. Makes you feel successful to be able to maintain the readers' interest. Hehe...

Much love to all! 😍

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Tslking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

Chapter 8 - Decisions

"Then you both should go work for it!"

Both Laksh and Sanskar looked up at the voice.

It was Adarsh.

Adarsh came near and smiled at them. "No one is keeping you from living your lives. If you want, I'm giving you the easy choice. I'm giving both of you the opportunity to get out of this line of work."

Laksh snorted. "Yeah, right. Like its so easy."

"Look. You both just need to go away and lay low. I'm pretty sure I can somehow manage to clear your record of all the illegal works Laksh. Sanskar's is already clean. Once it's done, you can both be free of this underworld business."

Sanskar gaped at Adarsh's suggestion. "You...you're joking! Is it really possible for us to lead normal lives too?"

"Yes Sanky. It's no-"

"No Sanky. He's being a dork." Laksh chided. "Do you really think our enemies will just forget about me because I left this work? No. Instead, it will make it more easy for them to target us. We won't have any guns or ammo with us because we will be normal citizens, won't we? And even if I'm ready to take the risk, I'll be damned if something happens to you!"

 We won't have any guns or ammo with us because we will be normal citizens, won't we? And even if I'm ready to take the risk, I'll be damned if something happens to you!"

"That's why I'm there, aren't I?" Adarsh smiled at him. "Lucky, you're family to me. You both are! And all the men with us? You've helped them and their families more than they can ever thank. They're ready to protect you forever! We'll be your shadows who shall always protect you."

"Yeah. And I can still be working with Adarsh to make sure the he and the others are okay. After all, I'm maintains a good profile right now, aren't I?" Sanskar pointed out.

"I can't ask you all to put yourself in danger because of me! Besides, I can't just abandon all of you and go on to lead a normal life. Sanskar will be in danger. You will be in danger. I'm not that selfish!" Laksh argued. "Tell him Sanky. Aren't I right?"