Chapter-V

Thanks for your lovely support in the fic. Judging from the reviews, I think I'm doing a pretty good job. Trying my best not to bore or show too much cliche in the fic. lol

Moving on... 😊😊😊

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations.

Chapter 5 - As Times go by

"Ah! What a beautiful day it is, no Sanky?"

"It indeed is. It indeed is." Sanskar agreed with a broad smile. And he didn't just mean it because there was a clear sky and a hot cup of coffee in his hands. Rather he was glad how everything had turned out according to his plan.

It had been more than a few days since Laksh and Ragini's first date. They both exchanged numbers and started talking like friends. With the topics being about their siblings, it moved to their own likes, dislikes, personal issues, little troubles and everyday mundane things. As time went by,, from acquaintances, they became close friends. From close friends, they were moving on towards becoming something more.

"And I couldn't be more happier about it!" Swara exclaimed

"Oh. I didn't realize I said it out loud."

"I'm so glad they are matching up." she remarked, coming to sit beside him on the bench and wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

Sanskar smiled down at her. "Me too Swara. Lucky needs someone who will genuinely love him for being himself, and not for his looks or money. I want the best for my brother. He desrerves the best!"

"He will. An honest and hard working man like him is hard to find these days."

Sanskar flinched unconsciously. 'And the hard part. To tell you and Ragini di the truth. Man, I'm dreading the time we must expose the truth. I just hope...I just hope you both understand.'

"Oi!" Swara flicked him on the nose. "Earth to Sanky-Panky. I asked you something."

"Y-yes? Sorry, something caught my mind."

"Is it another girl?" Swara asked with a raised eyebrow. "I hope not because then you'll have to book a seat in the hospital."

"Geesh! You're savage. You say you love me, and yet you'll beat me up?"

"Well, love ain't fun if it ain't a little rough, no?"

"Ahaha...! Man, you and your humor."

"Love you too!"

While their relation was in full bloom, the other was taking it's roots.

Laksh and Ragini started by texting each other "good morning" or "good night". Soon, it evolved into instances where they would casually ask each other how their day went.

Slowly, they started talking on the topic of how their siblings were getting more comfortable with each other, what pranks they played, how managed to irritate them or simply anything that involved them. However, they both knew the topic was just an excuse for them to talk to each other.

As days passed by, Laksh felt bold enough to ask more about her instead of using Swara and Sanskar as an excuse. As expected, Ragini responded eagerly to his questions, often asking him about himself. Gradually, they became comfortable enough to share about each other's small problems with each other and seek comfort.

Even the thought of the each other made them smile. As if...as if the other was right beside them.

They chatted on the phone. Minutes became an hour, an hour became hours. It even escalated to them talking beyond midnight.