Chapter III

And here's the next chapter. About to sleep, but updating it today itself. Good night and sweet dreams people.

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations.

Chapter 3 - Meeting Her

Laksh tossed and turned on his bed. The clock read 01:00 am, but sleep was far away from his mind at the moment.

When he closed his eyes, the only face he saw was of Ragini.

When he opened them, he couldn't stop staring at Ragini's picture that he kept beside his bed on the bedside table."What have you done to me Ragini? What is this feeling. It feels like I'm on cloud nine, but at the same time...it feels like I'm being suffocated. I can't help but want to be beside you. Oh Ragini!" Laksh hugged his pillow imagining her and tried to make himself fall asleep somehow or the other.

#Morning#

"And check the safety of the gun before shooting, alright?" Adarsh advised.

"Gotcha Adarsh! I'll make sure to check it twice just for good measure." Sanskar promised as both of them walked into the dining hall.

They had just come back from the shooting range after the morning practice. Adarsh was training him the basics and the technicalities.

As they entered, they found Laksh sitting on the kitchen counter cross-legged, with his face buried in his hands, hidden from view.

"Do you think he's sleeping?" Adarsh questioned.

"I don't know. Shall we try to wake him?" Sanskar reasoned. "He shouldn't be sleeping like that. He'll get neck pain."

"I'm not doing that! He'll kill me if I disturb his sleep

"I'm not doing that! He'll kill me if I disturb his sleep. You go wake your brother. He won't do anything to you."

Sanskar approached his elder brother cautiously. "Hey Laksh? Oi Laksh!" he nudged Laksh's arm, making Laksh 'hmm' as he woke up groggily. "Laksh, I wa-aah!" Sanskar hopped back on seeing Laksh's red eyes with dark circles below them. "Dude, you look aweful!"

Adarsh came over and peeped over Sanskar's shoulder. "I agree. Didn't you sleep last night boss?"

Laksh sighed in misery. "Ever fallen in love Adarsh?"

"Not yet."

"Well, I hope you don't. It's so stressful! And if you do, marry her right away and keep her with you."

"Okay?" Adarsh replied more as a question than an answer. Sanskar had told him about Laksh's new infatuation with a girl named Ragini, but he didn't think Laksh had it that bad. He was acting like a total lovesick teenager! 'Oh how the mighty fell! Hamlet was right. Fraility thy name is woman.'