♡1♡

➖➖Wattpad: New book titled "Hearts Connection."
➖➖Wattpad: Update, New chapter on "Hearts Connection." Would you like to read it?
Yes No
You have selected to read

💙✖︎✖︎✖︎🖤
Tick, tick, tick...

Could the clock go any slower? I finished the exam over half an hour ago, now I must suffer through the remaining time.

I stare out the window I sit not too far from and look at the gentle blowing palm leaves, with a blue sky falling behind it. I stare at it for a few moments, just keeping my attention on the outdoors.
Only if I could be running out there. Walking the sidewalks, passing by the shops along the side framing the street. Passing by the people and study the features or hear snippets of conversations... only if I could get up—

"10 minutes remaining of this exam," the lady said. She had short curly hair that was a beautiful brown, her lightly toned skinned with hazel eyes.

The curly head dragged me out of my thoughts to announce something I have been waiting on for what seemed like hours.

💙✖︎✖︎✖︎🖤
What felt like hours later she finally called out to everyone, "Pencils down, your time is up."

Exams were piled, pencils that were passed out were taken, now we were able to retrieve our items and head home.

I walk home from the college, ready to pass out. Time ticks pass while I walk Los Angeles streets to get to my apartment. I finally arrive and get to the third floor, 300, 302, 304, 306, 308, 310, 312. I stop and shove my keys into the lock. I twist until the click, then open the door. I retrieved the keys and stepped inside.

I place my keys and phone on the counter. I look at the apartment, the kitchen then an empty room that leads to a small balcony, then a singular hall with 4 doors. 2 small bedrooms, a closet that had my washing machine and dryer, and a bathroom. I didn't have a big apartment, it was small but I didn't have much inside so it seemed a bit big. I have air mattresses, no TV, an "advanced in age" laptop.

I sit on the ground on the balcony with earbuds in playing music while I watched the clouds, people and cars pass like the time that did as well pass. I relaxed my muscles wanting to just enjoy some time before I had to return to what we called reality.

20 years of age in my last year of college. I had a good job at a Cafe down the street. Three good friends across the city. A nice place to live... I trailed off to more before I realized a large chunk of time had passed. I stood up and went inside and scavenge the fridge for some type of food for dinner.

I decided on a small bowl of rice with some milk. A small meal before I go and work on things that I must. When I finished I washed the bowl and left to my room. I picked up the laptop and made it come to life, I opened up to a project for college I had to do.

💙✖︎✖︎✖︎🖤
I had finally finished the projected and I looked outside the window to see the stars. I, again, went outside to the balcony leaning on the rail looking to the stars and moon. I look at the street and car lights. I was at peace. I step back inside to take a shower.

When I finish my routine I sat on my window ledge cross-legged and stare out to the stars. I place the side of my head against the glass and it's cold but comforting. The stars draw me to a state of thinking. I think while time passes and I looked to the time, 1:37 AM. God, I need to go to bed I have work tomorrow.

I fall onto my bed and scrunch into the corner and fall into a light sleep for the rest of the night.

You have finished a chapter on "Hearts Connection." Feedback?
Next chapter: L O A D I N G . . .