♡2♡

➖➖Wattpad: Update, New chapter on "Hearts Connection." Would you like to read it?
       Yes              No
       You have selected to read

💙✖︎✖︎✖︎🖤
I was awoken to the alarm on my phone. I shut it off and head to the bathroom. I do my routine. I chose a black long sleeve, jeans that were slightly faded and some black shoes with a white sole. I put on my XPLR bracelet, in which I love, I would wear the shirt or hoodie but I have to work. I walk out and down the street to my job at the Café. I step inside and see a couple of employees inside trying to get set up for today.

I help and then we open at 7 AM on the dot. I work at the counter until 10 AM, I only had a half day. I pull up a stool and sit at the register waiting for people to enter.

💙✖︎✖︎✖︎🖤
I had almost finished my shift and I was playing with the bracelet to where no one could see. Someone walked up to the counter and I responded, "Welcome to The Café, what could I get you?" I didn't look to their face, I head their voice though. "Two coffees, one black the other vanilla." Their voice was familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Will that is it?" I asked looking at them, then it struck me. Colby Brock. I assume I had a shocked expression on my face when I realized because he asked, "You okay there?" I put my hands on the counter, "Yes, I'm ok." He looked at my bracelet and smiled. I forgot it was in my hand...

"Could I add to that order?" He asked with a smile still on his face.

"Sure," I said.

"Your favorite beverage and a place to sit with Sam and me," he said casually. I was surprised for a moment before I added to his order. "How much?" He asked.

"On the house," I said with a smile. He sat down and I checked the time and saw I could give them this order and be done. I grabbed their order and walked to the two chatting but stopped when they saw me. I placed the two drinks on the table not sure who's is who's. I kept mine in my hands and stood awkwardly. Colby saw my awkward stance and gently patted the seat beside him. I sat down and sipped my drink. I don't talk to many people, I mean in all of LA I have 2 friends.

"So I never got your name," Colby said.

"Luna, Luna Trooker," I said.

"Well, as you may know, I'm Colby. And that's Sam," Colby said. Sam stuck his hand out from across the table and I shook it. The two talked and I engaged in conversation a couple of times, then I took a look at the time and I've been here with them for an hour with over half my drink left.

"So what do you do?" Sam asked.

"I'm finishing college, and I work here. I live on the block and the college is about a 20 minutes jog," I said.

"Do you own a car?" Sam asked.

"Nope," I said.

"Where you from?" Colby asked.

"Florida, the country part of it," I said.

"Well, were a couple of Kansas kids," Sam said. I nodded my head and took a sip of my drink.

"Do you have any plans today?" Colby asks.

"No," I said simply. We sat in awkward silence for a bit until Sam said, "So, Colby and I need to go work on stuff."

"That's fine! It was nice meeting you two, next time I'm working here is tomorrow at about 3 PM is when I'm off," I said while getting up and grabbed my drink.

"It was nice to meet you too," Colby said. I gave the two a wave goodbye and left. I walk down the street to my place then feel my phone vibrate. I look and see my friend had texted me, I open it and read what she had sent.