Just My Luck

Georgia Kelly's POV

I greeted the students in the hall the next morning. My eyes scanned the hall as I was looking for a certain someone.

When I glanced at her locker and didn't see her, it peaked my curiousity on where she was at.

I walked to my classroom and did my morning thing; sitting at my desk, sipping my coffee and looking through the lectures.

I kept looking at the door, waiting for Kenna to walk through the door.

She never did.

I texted her a few times this morning, but never got a reply back. I was worried, but knew that she was either busy or didn't get my messages yet.

I ignored my thoughts and welcomed my first period students as they entered the room. I went over the lectures and made sure everyone knew that the test was Friday and the project was due.

I'm hoping they all do what they're told.

As my morning classes went by, I kept thinking about Kenna. My mind seemed to be around her a lot this morning. I couldn't wait to see her.

When lunch came around, I was sitting on my classroom eating, reading a book. I kept glancing at the clock, knowing that Kenna was in my next class and I couldn't help but smile as I felt my stomach doing flips.

I threw away my trash and got ready for my next class as the bell rung a few minutes later. I sat at my desk, watching every student enter the room.

I smiled at everyone. I watched as the door shut and nobody else was coming in, I glanced over at Kenna's desk and noticed that she wasn't here.

I started worrying a lot now and sent her a quick text before standing up and starting the lecture.

All throughout the class, I kept looking at my phone, hoping that I'll recieve a text.

But it never came.

Where the hell was she?

*

"Kenna!"

I fell off the bed when my brother came running in my room. I rub my eyes as I sat on the floor and looked at him. "What?"

"You slept in."

I look over at my phone and noticed the time, plus a few messages from Georgia.

Shit.

I was late.

I jumped up but my brother stopped me. "Don't worry about going today. I need your help."

I gave him a confused look as I followed him out the door and downstairs. We walked outside and I followed him to the driveway where his cars hood was open.

I stopped and watched as he bent over and was messing with something. When he leaned back up, he looks at me. "My car won't start."

"What do you expect me to do?" I ask.

Clearly, I know nothing about cars.

He sighs, running his hand through his hair. "I'm fucked. This is the only car I have." He looks at me. "What am I suppose to do?"

I shrug. "Ask a buddy of yours to give you a ride to work."

"I can't." He looks at his watch. "It's already too late now." He kicks the bumper. "Piece of shit."

Of course when it comes to our luck, we have the shittiest in the world. Apart from our mom dying, our dad being a stupid asshole, living in this shit hole of a home cause we have nowhere else to live, now this.