Great Things Don't Last

Georgia Kelly's POV

"Damn it!" I pulled my hand away as it touched the pan that the cookies are on. I kissed it then looked at it. "Fuck, that hurt."

I made sure that my hands didn't touch the pan as I grabbed it and poured the cookies into a bowl. I placed the baker in the sink then walked over and grabbed a cookie before throwing it back in the bowl.

"You're so stupid, Georgia." I groaned. I placed my hands on my hips and stared at the cookies. "Hurry and cool, I want you."

I poured a glass of milk then sipped it before placing it on the counter and eyeing the cookies.

Patiently waiting for them to cool down, I decided to go turn on a movie. I had nothing else to do on the last day of Spring Break, might as well waste it by watching movies and eating cookies.

I picked a movie then had it paused as I walked back in the kitchen. I picked a cookie up as it was still hot but not completely, until I took a bite and the chocolate ran down my chin.

"Hot!" I threw it in the bowl and looked down to see chocolate on the floor. I felt it on my chin then I grabbed a napkin and wiped it off, then wiped it off the floor.

I sigh as I placed the napkin in the trash. I took a sip of my milk then heard someone knocking on my floor. I sat the milk down then walked out of the kitchen to the door.

I unlocked it then opened it and saw Kenna turning around to face me. She slightly smiled and I noticed it was raining outside.

"Can I come in?"

I nod then opened the door more for her to walk in. After I shut the door, I turn towards her and looked her up and down.

"What are you doing here?"

She sighs then stuffs her hands in her pockets. "I heard you came looking for me."

"Oh." I nod then watched as she looked somewhere for a moment.

She rubs the back of her neck before looking back at me. "Do you think we could talk?"

I nod. "Of course." I motioned for her to go to the living room.

Sitting on the couch, I turn towards her and watch as she leans against the arm, looking at me. "So, what do you want to talk about?"

She sat there for the longest time before sighing. "I.." She throws her head back before groaning. "I don't know. I just had so much on my mind this week."

"Like what?"

She looks at me. "Us."

I slowly nod as I tried to calm my heart. "Ok.."

She sighs. "I know it's been a month and everything has kinda went back to normal, sorta but I just can't help but feel like everything isn't really over between us."

I nod as I continued to watch her.

"I thought a lot this week and even though it was suppose to be Spring Break and my focus was only suppose to be on getting a fucking tan at the beach, I couldn't help but think about you."

She ran her hand through her hair.

"I miss us. I miss you. I forgave you a month ago but something was pulling me back to tell you or come running back to you. Everything was jumbled around and I couldn't really bring myself to face you."

I nod, understanding.

She sighs. "I'm sorry, Georgia. I should of listened and understood a little better. Everyone makes mistakes and if they don't think that there's a thing called second chance then I guess they're a bunch of idiots."