Thinking Too Much

"No running!" Mrs. Godwin yelled after us when we ran through the door of the beach house.

We all ran to the room where it had two bunk beds. Charles threw his stuff on the top of one and climbed up on it before smiling at us. "This is mine!"

I laughed as I decided to take the bottom. Charles hung upside down and smiled at me. I smiled back as I leaned back and folded my arms behind my head.

"This is the life."

I heard Mrs. Godwin walk in a moment later. "You're all not staying in here all week."

"Yes ma'am." We all said.

After she left, Charles turned the tv on and was looking through channels.

I sigh as I looked at the top of the bunk bed and knew that this week was just the beginning of something that I needed.

*

"Aw, look!" Oliver picked up a seashell and smiled at us. "It's cute."

Charles grabs it then threw it into the ocean. "It's cute when it flies too!"

I shook my head as I walked down the beach, feeling the sand between my toes and enjoying this beautiful day.

I look around at everyone as there were some older couples under an umbrella or a few guys playing frisbee up on the shore a little ways.

I saw a few girls sunbathing then a dog. I look towards the ocean and smiled at how peaceful it was and how everything just seemed to fade away from my life.

Charles came up and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Watcha thinking about?"

I sigh as I wasn't too sure at the moment. "I don't know."

"Cheer up! We're at the beach, away from all the bullshit!"

I nod, smiling. I tried so hard to focus on having a good time but something was stopping me.

We continued to walk down the beach until we were all burnt. We decided to go back to the beach house. It was a little too hot and I don't really like swimming in the ocean.

"I want food." Charles said as he opens a bag of chips. I sit at the counter and watch as he takes a handful and shoves it in his mouth.

I lean my head in my palm and stare out the window. I couldn't shake this feeling that I was having and it was driving me crazy.

I groan. "What the hell is wrong with me?"

Charles looks at me with a mouthful of chips. "What?"

I shake my head and run my hands down my face. "I'm suppose to be having fun but I'm stuck in this fucking mood!"

"Watch your mouth!" Mrs. Godwin came through and scolded me.

I apologized as she left then went into another room. I saw Oliver sitting in the living room, watching tv. I look back at Charles and he was stuffing his face with chips.

Here I was, sitting here feeling down for no reason.

What the hell is wrong with me?

*

Georgia Kelly's POV

"What the hell are you doing?" A neighbor yelled at me but I ignored him.

I kept throwing things into a pit of fire and watching it burn to ash. I wipe my forehead as the heat was getting to me and it was exhausting.

I called the police this morning, filing a restraining order on Stella. She kept trying to contact me and I was fed up with it.

I hated her.

My mind wasn't in the right place when I kissed her back, but I don't think about it anymore. I regret every fucking thing I did to ever let her inside my house, and better believe that it will not fucking happen again.

I was burning shit from my house because I was bored as hell. There wasn't anything to do because I had no plans for this Spring Break.

The neighbors were yelling at me a few times but I ignored them as I kept throwing shit into the fire and watching it burn.

I wish I could just throw Stella into the fire instead.

Sighing, I watched the fire burn and everything that was in it. Wishing I could throw all my mistakes into it and watch it burn into flames.

I took a deep breath then let it out as I looked up at the smoke, thinking about so much shit and how everything just seems to be broken around me.

*

"Did you have fun?" Tyler smiles.

I shook my head, throwing my bag to the floor and collapsing on the couch.

The week went by so fast and what did I do? Nothing. I did nothing fun and all I could do was sit there and think shit over and over to where I was depressed.

"What's wrong?" He asks, standing in the living room staring at me.

I shrug, looking at the ceiling. "I don't know." I groan. "I didn't enjoy myself like I wanted to. It was boring."

"I'm sorry." He sits on the couch and watches me for a moment. "Oh!" He chuckles. "Your friend came by when you were gone."

I looked at him. "Friend? What friend?"

"Beautiful girl, brown hair, brown eyes." He shrugs.

Georgia.