𝟬𝟭. in memory of

CHAPTER ONE
anguish brings people together

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

      𝐀urora could still remember those times when she was alone in a very dark place that no one could understand. She used to be terrified, so miserable. She had allowed herself to become this uncontrollable thing because it made her feel better. The evil thing she hid in the daylight that makes her feel so strong, so powerful, that she eventually got addicted to the feeling. 

     She liked that nobody dared to bother her when they knew what she could do. The darkest streets of Gotham feared her. Then again, she let all of that happen, and now she has to face the terrible consequences. But as time passed, Aurora realized something. Her mother wasn't the only one who gave her horrible consequences. 

     Life does even bigger and more terrible things to people.

     To this day, the memories of when she took the lives of many horrible men who committed unacceptable crimes are still tattooed in her mind. But those men bore voids of nightmares in the minds of once-innocent teenage girls and women. She continued to convince herself that she did that to put an end to their ruthful and disgusting crimes. Maybe to make herself feel better. Either way, she did not regret any of it. They deserved it.

      Truth be told, she hasn't been herself ever since those nights.

     It was ironic, actually. Because somehow after all that shit she went through, all the things she had to do—morning became the night for her, and night became the morning. And the scary thing was, she wasn't herself at night. The quiet and careful Aurora. Instead, it was the demon she had buried in the back of her mind.

    The demon who continued to infest her mind. Like it was a persistent vine, and it tangles around things, and walls, and it grew and grows day by day until it was the only thing you could see.

     The pain and misery she withholds can sometimes cause her to take over. The demon doesn't like weak people. It doesn't like Aurora very much. Sometimes, it almost feels like it wants to take control of her so she won't have to put up with someone like her anymore. Aurora understood. She didn't even want to be herself most of the time.

     Frankly, she still has doubts about it. She didn't know if the demon taking over her was a good thing. Yet at the same time, it helped her get revenge on those people who hurt her, and every other girl out there who lost their voice. But the feeling of it being wrong still never left her mind. Undoubtedly, they were horrible people, but what does that make her?

     Every time the demon takes over—Aurora felt like she was becoming a little more different each day she woke up. Yet at the same time, she wasn't. Because she remembers. She remembers every bad thing even the little ones it does when she wasn't in control of her own body.

     Then a strange man came and offered her a supposedly miraculous help. Something she hasn't gotten in a long time. Aurora was secluded in Gotham City, and maybe that's why something weird stirred up inside her. At least that's what she thought. Or maybe it was just the way she was born, but she always knew there was definitely more to it.

     But she was lost. She didn't know where to start. All she knew was that her mother didn't love her, and only used her for her own expenses. She didn't even know who her father was since Hera never really told her anything. She couldn't even remember his face. Then again, maybe he was never around in the first place. It just made her realize just how clueless she was as the world does to her powers. There were still a lot of things she didn't quite understand.