𝟬𝟴. camouflage

CHAPTER EIGHT
sorry starts sounding less like an apology

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐃ick should've probably mentioned before that being a Titan meant having a large red target on their backs that says, Kill me. Then again, I guess that's what being a hero was supposed to mean. While you may save a lot of people, you also make a lot of enemies by doing all of the things someone else was opposed to.

     To say they were in big trouble was an understatement. 

    Everybody was still asleep when they got back to the tower. The two teenagers talked in hush voices, sounding more frustrated as time passed, which eventually turned to arguing. They never argued before. Well, maybe about small things like who ate the chocolate in the fridge but never this way that they were almost at each other's neck.

    Mostly Aurora though. She hadn't stopped glaring at Gar. She kept cursing under her breath like every little thing annoyed her. Perhaps that was the thing. Gar tried not to add fuel to the fire, settling with a nod instead of disagreeing with her. Because she was right, he shouldn't have let Jason in about what he was doing.

    "We have to tell everyone," Aurora said exasperatedly. "Jason could be dead."

    "Don't say that." Gar shook his head. He hurried after her in the empty hallway. "He's not dead, Rory."

   "You can't be sure," Aurora muttered. They stopped outside Rachel's room and looked at each other. Her eyes were teary and Gar realized she probably was feeling the same thing as he was. They blamed themselves. She cleared her throat. "Let's wake Rachel first."

    Gar didn't hesitate to open the door and enter her room with Aurora behind him. What they didn't expect was to see the same cloud of dark razors moving fluidly above Rachel's body as she slept. Aurora looked at the girl and noticed how she seemed like she was having a nightmare.

    "Rach?" Gar said uneasily. He began to approach her and tried to touch the dark cloud before Aurora could stop him. He grunted in pain as he pulled his arm back, the redhead immediately rushing toward his side. 

    "I'm up, I'm up." Rachel sprung awake, looking out of breath and shocked. Then she noticed how he was holding his arm tightly and gritting his teeth like he was in pain. "Gar. What happened? Shit."

    Gar looked both terrified and confused. Rachel rushed towards him, taking ahold of his wrist to see the damage she'd done unknowingly. 

     "I'm so sorry," Rachel breathed. She looked nervous and worried. Her eyes flickered toward the redhead. "Please don't tell Dick."

    Aurora shook her head. A little annoyed. "I don't care, Rachel. We have bigger problems."

     "Jason's... gone." Gar trembled. 

     "What?"

     "What happened to Jason?"

    Their heads snapped toward the doorway and found Dick standing there. The blood drained from Gar's face, feeling like he could pass out at any moment aside from the fact his wrist hurt as hell from getting slashed open. Aurora shook her head grimly at the former detective, adjusting her hand over Gar's bleeding arm.

    "We figured out that Dr. Light was in the train tunnels," Gar stammered as he walked back and forth in the control room with Dick on the mantel this time. Then he sighed. "Jason wanted to prove to you that he wasn't a reject. We were gonna come right back.