𝟬𝟭. closed space

CHAPTER ONE
darkness cannot drive out darkness

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐃arkness. It wasn't a dream anymore. At least that was one thing Aurora Wilder was sure about when she opened her eyes. But there was nothing she could see. And it terrified the hell out of her. It was just plain black, a void of nothingness. The feeling was cold and damp, and with every breath she took felt like a sharp pain in the heart that only kept getting worse.

     She didn't know how many seconds, minutes, or hours she'd been there, but it felt like decades. And it was torture. She had no idea what was happening to her friends and that was the only thing holding her to reality.

     The demon only got her mind and her body but definitely not her heart. They don't possess that. They never possessed those in the first place. She could still feel everything. Every step her feet take, everything she touches, and every small movement she makes. It was her body after all.

     Aurora could hear them talking. It echoed through the abyss of her mind, making it harder for her to stay concentrated for the last time. She was slowly, physically, growing weak. Daìmonas was infesting her mind and trying to make it her own

     That only meant one thing. If Aurora doesn't start doing anything about it soon, she will be gone from existence like Daìmonas was and there is no way she could get back like her.

     Her feet moved but they didn't even feel like her own anymore. She seemed to be following someone, possessed by the same demons, Trigon, Rachel's father controlling the darkest parts of their mind.

     Then she heard his voice, and she swore something flickered around her. A light.

     Her heart ached. She stood, desperately searching for something to hold onto. Then there it was again. A brief flash of flight as she started remembering him. Her eyes widened. Gar. She almost stopped breathing when Gar Logan came into her sight. It was him. She was sure. She would always know him. Her vision had come back, but she was not in control.

     For a second, Aurora just wanted to hold him and tell him that everything was going to be fine. But it wasn't. Along with him was Rachel. She was angry, betrayed, and even sad. Her mother hasn't been who she thought all along.

     She could see bits and pieces every now and then. A little blurry but it was enough to keep her going. But she was helpless. Aurora couldn't do anything to help them because she was too weak to fight off her own demons.

     "Cue the final betrayal," Trigon uttered.

     She felt something in her mind twitch. Every thought that Daìmonas had flooded through her mind like a dam breaking and God, it was a lot. She fell to her knees, clutching her head as she screamed. But nobody could hear her. She was trapped in her own mind and the demon was laughing at her demise.

     Gar looked at Aurora. His face pulled into a frown. Like he never believed she was gone. He knew she was still in there somewhere, and he was determined to get her back no matter what. There was no way he'd let her leave. They didn't agree on that. He couldn't take anyone leaving anymore.

     Suddenly, her eyes, those familiar azures, began blinking, like she was being possessed. Well, in a way she was, but something was strange about it. It was almost as if Aurora was fighting off the hold the demon had on her. Gar had noticed it and a tiny bubble of hope rose from his chest.